Sign in to follow this  

fed up with it. need to get it off my chest

so after today i have become very fed up with the way tracks are run in florida. To start of the prices to ride here are rediculous!!! just to practice its like $25 every where. Then there are like no AMA races every one has there own lil membership or their own little outlaw stuff. and all the memberships are even more of a rip off. Why in the wold isnt there any AMA stuff down here i have only seen two short AMA series here. Not to mention any specific orginizations but one was gonna charge me $50 to join thats more then the AMA and it wasnt gonna do near wut the AMA offers. Then i went to race at lakeland today and they charged me $20 to get in which was all right then they want another $20 to practice for the day and thats a rip off to ride 3 hours and maybe ride twice. then they want $20 for what ever membership the dumb series is a part of. that doesnt even cover sign u for the racce day :thumbsup:

I have traveled all over the east coast racin amature nationals at some of the best tracks in the nation and its never been like this. Like $20 to get in for two days and $10 to practice all day sat, till 5, not 2 like the tracks here. Then they are acually AMA races so no ghey rip off memberships to buy!!!!

And if u just wanna go practice on like a sat its $10 to get in and u can ride from 7am till dark.

-Andrew Bryan

one1one

Anyhoo this has been buggin at me for a while now and i just wanted to get it off my chest. Please NO ONE TAKE OFFENSE to this.

lol, the only thing worse than paying gate fees for one bike is paying for two! And my son wants to race in two classes!

I thought Lakeland didn't have memberships though (but it still would've been $30 to ride)?

I agree with you though, you can go broke trying to get some practice in. For what it's worth, Bartow is only $15 to practice (you do need a $30 annual membership). As for FTR (if that's what you're talking about for the $50), I think it's ridculous that it costs that much too.

But I've only ever ridden in South Florida so I guess I didn't know better?

yea when i moved down here i was dumbfounded at the cost just to practice at all the tracks. The whole membership just to practice thing was crazy to me.

I usualy race 125B College boy(16-24, which ever name it is called here) and open 4 stroke so i feel ya on the normal class fee's to race that was nuthin new tho.

Nothing against the tracks here but the way they chrage people to ride you would think you are getting to ride a top AMA track, but they are nothing special. You literally can go race all weekend Sat and sun at Budds Creek on the week end of the 4stroke nationals or state championships and spend less money in fee's then i was gonna have to spend at QT this weekend to practice one day and race one day.

QT on any other day only costs $20 and they do not have a track membership. There is also no gate fee. This weekend everything was being ran by the florida motocross series, this includes todays fee for entry,practice and Sundays races. Plus you have to be a member of the promoting organization. Personally I have chosen to race the FTR series. QT is actually the cheapest place to practice, just don't go near there if they are having a race promoted by an outside org. When QT has their own series that they promote it is much cheaper.

Dan

yea the prices on the site didnt look to bad.

wuts up with all these lil promotor series and dinky memberships??

i still dont get it at all. why not just AMA when every thing is allready set up and organized and has a bigger base.

LMFAO, I lived in Fl for three years and 20 bucks to ride isn't shit compared to the north. I moved to NJ and rates are from 30 - 50$ a day ride and there is absolutely no where to ride. Don't complain about FL's riding. Consider yourselves lucky ..

i wouldnt say lucky, there are like three nice tracks. i considered myself lucky when i lived in the NC VA MA SC area.

i have ridin up north b4 the tracks i went to where nice and fun. and not over proced there where acually ama races there!! :thumbsup:

I lived in pa up until 3 yrs ago, never once did a national track in my area have practice days, it was race day or nothing, Broome, Unadilla, Budds, Southwick, Steel city, etc, there maybe national type, but no national tracks. And as to $60 at QT, it's not them it's FLMX, FTR, etc that do that to the riders, so please don't hold that against the track, complain the the series chairman, it's all about the money. :thumbsup:

oh no way i liked the looks of the QT track. i like the tracks but think fees get over priced by who ever is putting the events on.

an no the national tracks dont have open practice. i kno budds has practice the day b4 a race, some times not all the time. i have not been to any other National tracks but the amature national tracks usually have practice the day b4 a race. some dont, but u get the point.

I think we all ought to pool our cash, form a private club and do a land lease on a nice 40 acres. Then build our own track!!!! :thumbsup: Ok, wishful thinking!

As for QT, its definitely not them that are at issue. On any none race weekend, the place is one of the best to go to in the area. Great track and a fairly decent price. The trick is to get there before they open and be geared up and ready to ride at 10AM. Normally, damned near the first hour or so is open practice. Unfortunately, my outa shape butt can't quite handle that full hour but it sure is nice to get out there and come and go as I please till things get a little busy. Saturdays are normally way better than a Sunday.

I didn't realize it was a FL MX series running there. If you show up during one of those series events it is expensive. You've got the track trying to get their fee, the Series trying to cover their overhead in the form of some membership usually and then $25 a class to race (check the www.prosportsusa.com schedule for the FL MX Series, FL Gold Cup and Winter AMs [i think these are AMA sanctioned too]). The competition is at these is usually pretty top notch, especially in the 125A and 250A classes. At a FL Winter AM event last year, Matt Boni, Kyle Chisholm and Ricky Renner were all there and most of the MX instructors in the area ride in these events too (JB, Vince, Keith etc).

But still, I feel the pain, the easisest way to be a millionare in motocross is to start with two million and race until you only have one left.

haha tru dat.

but yea i have been eyeing up the Gold series and winter ams and mini o's i am looking forward to it. :thumbsup::ride:

its just wierd for me to now have alot of ama races in the area.

In NC on any givin week end you could choose from atleast 3 AMA races to go to for the week end.

If you show up during one of those series events it is expensive. You've got the track trying to get their fee, the Series trying to cover their overhead in the form of some membership usually

thats why i love ama races so much b/c there is no promotor trying to get even more money.

you dont know expensive until you race this fall/winter. It is a mad house. They dont give shite for awards at the end of the series and enjoy three lap motos at 5:30 in the afternoon. I would just say buy a croom sticker and go ride on the weekdays.

I had the similar complaints when I first moved here. The tracks are subpar and they charge twice as much as Texas. I was told to shut up and move back to Texas! :ride: So shut up and move back to NC, Andrew! :thumbsup::applause:

It is an easy fix. Dont race. Only ride for fun.

I had the similar complaints when I first moved here. The tracks are subpar and they charge twice as much as Texas. I was told to shut up and move back to Texas! :applause: So shut up and move back to NC, Andrew! :applause: :applause:

It is an easy fix. Dont race. Only ride for fun.

LMFAO!!! rite on. I never complained about the rates in FL or the tracks, as long as I am rideing I am happy. Rite now I have some woods by my house where I have been doing some trail rideing and praticeing turns, making ruts, jumping down small cliff type drop offs to have some fun just to get some time on the bike a few days out of the week :thumbsup: . I don't miss FL, I love the north. I miss the hell out of rideing tracks though. :ride:

all of this is part of the reason I dont race much, I'll do maybe two a year. It just gets frustrating. I rather go ride with a group all day and really get my moneys worth, I usually get goated into racing a harescramble as well.

Dont get me wrong, I have a blast at the races, but 3 lap moto's suck hind tit.

The way I see it, most trax are on the edge of closing due to insurance, real estate cost, neighbor complaints, the Man, etc. Seems to me that paying an extra $10-20 in order to keep them open is not so bad. I am pretty sure that no Fl trax are in it for the money.

The way I see it, most trax are on the edge of closing due to insurance, real estate cost, neighbor complaints, the Man, etc. Seems to me that paying an extra $10-20 in order to keep them open is not so bad. I am pretty sure that no Fl trax are in it for the money.

good point. I wasnt meaning boycott the tracks, hell thats all I ride. But when a promoter runs the event, I wonder how much proceeds the track actually pockets :thumbsup:

I just joined Bithlo again and that place pisses me off just about everytime I go there, LMAO.

Bryan,

Ok now I'll get this off my chest.

GO BUILD A TRACK AND LET US ALL RIDE FOR FREE!!!!!!!

Be thankful for what you have in this frikkin' state because every track is a heartbeat away from being shut down most every day.

Don :thumbsup:

btw, be part of the solution and get involved, anybody can complain!!

Bryan,

Ok now I'll get this off my chest.

GO BUILD A TRACK AND LET US ALL RIDE FOR FREE!!!!!!!

Be thankful for what you have in this frikkin' state because every track is a heartbeat away from being shut down most every day.

Don :thumbsup:

btw, be part of the solution and get involved, anybody can complain!!

lol, geez, I didnt see that response coming :ride: