Sign in to follow this  

fed up with it. need to get it off my chest

ok tell me what i can to to make it better and i will.

and yea when i was able to i did build a track to train in NC on some of our land and any one we where friends with could ride there for free. and the track was as long or longer then any of the tracks i have ridin here and i personaly thought it was more fun. i do wut i can for as young as i am.

p.s. and help build and open North Carolina Motorsports Park and any one could ride there for $10 a day all day 7 days a week. It was a sik track over 2min lap times and lots of natural terrien, so just so u kno i dont just "sit and complain.

My point was to begin with, go outside of florida and outlaw series' and see what reall MX is. No where else charges this much.

Never discuss religion or politics..... I'm a registered Libertarian... Blame the

Democratic Party and their love of the United States trial lawyers association.

Were the hell am i going with this?? Simple, A friend of mine sells specialized insurance policies for Weird stuff like if your moving a house, they will insure the whole thing.... they insure B17 bombers restored and flying in Air Shows... etc...

But also they insure race parks.. midget, Indy class,,, and Moto - cross parks etc......

He has said that due to the number of lawsuits over the last 5 years,, premiums have gone through the roof. At the end of the day, these tracks are a for profit business. Insurance premiums usually constitute their largest single cost.

All these greedy lawyers see a guy who just blew - out and got hurt,, possibly

perminate in nature,, they start whispering in that persons ear or a parent or other family member that,,,, " hey... you my be entitled to compensation here".... next thing you know, the $$$$ start flowing into the legal industry,,, court fees, filing fees, defense lawyers etc...

The Trial lawyers federation of the USA has fought caps on awards for years....

remember that the next time you vote for either mornonic parties we are stuck with here in the USA.

Like I said, if I decide to stay in Florida I will buy some land and build a track. But it will be private and only friends will be able to ride. Of course all the TT'ers will as well. Anybody want to be an investor? :thumbsup:

Like I said, if I decide to stay in Florida I will buy some land and build a track. But it will be private and only friends will be able to ride. Of course all the TT'ers will as well. Anybody want to be an investor? :thumbsup:

I've often thought of trying to pool resources together and pull something like this off. My wife and I have had several "What if..." type discussions. It would be great to have a really nice motorsports park on the Central West side of FL. Road Racing, Supermoto, MX, etc. There just isn't anything like it here and there should be.

I think if one wanted to open a full service mainenance and apparel shop and have a track with lessons and training facilities, people would flock to it all year round. The main profits could come from the store and training classes and the side benefit would be that there was a track open 7 days a week. If its done right, one could charge very little to the riders since much of the profit could come from the store.

yep...i will have something like this one day as a tax write-off. good dirt and lights and nice people and you will have the whole state and surrounding areas flocking to your place. yes, i know i will have to hire the nice people as i do not fit this description! =P

So 100 people at $5000.00 each should be enough? lets start looking !!!!!!!

Or, a someone with good credit go purchase the land with good dirt and the rest pool their money to build the track and facilities.

Or, a someone with good credit go purchase the land with good dirt and the rest pool their money to build the track and facilities.

I've been thinking that maybe placing some well targetted phone calls to the various parts and clothing manufactures and letting them know the plans and discussing product placement around the track and within the on sight store might perk enough ears to get some money flowing either through sponsorship or through prive investments.

The goal is to not just make a track for people to ride but provide a place to come even if you are just shopping or needing some performance tuning OR for training on those good ol' figure eights and circle tracks along with some practice jumps of various sizes and then down the road, a nice super moto track. You wouldn't even need fancy buildings. One or more good sized Steel Buildings setup just right could easily do the trick. Maybe one for the store, one for maintenance and track riding classes and one more for the track equipment.

Imagine being able to get your bike dynoed and then take a few laps on of the tracks out back back to see if you like the results, cost of course covered by the dyno. Or coming for a 1 day riding class and being able to hit the "training" tracks setup for repetative riding. I'd bet you'd get the attention of a lot riders that were willing to spring for something like that.

Yeah, its a grand, half baked idea but if put together with good people in a central location with all the goodies necessary to attract the masses, how could it not succeed?

BryanMX111,

When was the last time you talked to the owners of the track and told them you appreciate them being there? Even ask if there is anything you could do to help out - with anything?

Do you ever "police" some of the stupidity that goes on in the pit area's (e.g. guys doing wheelies, doughnuts, riding too fast, all the non-sense that ruins it for the rest of us)

Its just so easy to complain about anything and a lot of people complain about the tracks in FL but I don't see them involved in getting new tracks opened and old ones staying open (fighting the cities and cty's trying to close them down)

Dave BC,

I would think twice about the partnership thing and what insurance/title issues you would run in to. Okay if its just for you but the minute you invite the public (i.e. friends) you open up a new can of worms.

Brian,

You didn't see that response coming!!!! LMAO

Don

Yep DonO know his $hit on this.

The insurance thing will get you everytime.Period.

If that does not then the City or State will or even the friend that

you let ride there gets hurt and his wife what's some $$$$$$$

out of it.......beyond the insurance amount.

Getting up the CASH for land is not a problem, it's the above that is. :thumbsup: And about 100 other things.

So when someone says FLORIDA Tracks $uck or the price to ride on

them do.......Don't ride them then......easy. :ride:

I appreciate the fact that there are several tracks within 50 miles of where I live, I can think of 6 or 7. I also after having spoken with the owners several times at Bartow (we rented the track there for my son's 11th birthday) and can sympathize with trying to make a profit and the noise legal challenges they have. Furthermore, I've never ridden a track outside of central FL.

All that said though, if Bryan's figures on other tracks outside FL are correct, why shouldn't we expect the same here? And don't give me this "open your own track crap", lol. I can't start a business everytime one are in my life gets subpar service! The Arby's in Mulberry sucks compared to the one in Brandon, should I open one of those too?!!! :thumbsup:

I almost think though that there are too many tracks (which no hobbyist will mind but for them to make money they have to charge more). For example, we went to Hard Rock a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday. That place has 5 or 6 tracks and two different HS trails. I bet we saw a total of 20 other bikes. There were no classes running on any of the tracks, just free ride on all of them until your arms fall off. How is it possible they're making any money like this? Countless times I've been to Bartow and been able to ride unlimited for 1-2 hours at a time and even then there's only ususally 2-3 groups when it's "crowded".

I'd be curious to know what the insurance cost alone is at a track. I know the guys at Bartow recently have an attorney that recently was kept pretty busy fighting the noise ordinance in Polk County (which they ultimately won, but not without paying for it).

As for opening a track, I know JB (Cal you know him from class) was looking into opening a training facility a while back and the land cost alone made it really prohibitive. And it's tough to attract investors into what is essentially a break even investment (other than the increase of the land value which ultimately has to be sold to a developer to realize any profit). Sweet idea though!

LMFAO, I lived in Fl for three years and 20 bucks to ride isn't shit compared to the north. I moved to NJ and rates are from 30 - 50$ a day ride and there is absolutely no where to ride. Don't complain about FL's riding. Consider yourselves lucky ..

I'm new to MX coming from Road Racing, mostly at JenningsGP (Florida).

It's about $155 to ride a day compared to MX's ~$20. I take MX entry

fees any day :thumbsup:

BryanMX111,

When was the last time you talked to the owners of the track and told them you appreciate them being there? Even ask if there is anything you could do to help out - with anything?

Do you ever "police" some of the stupidity that goes on in the pit area's (e.g. guys doing wheelies, doughnuts, riding too fast, all the non-sense that ruins it for the rest of us)

Its just so easy to complain about anything and a lot of people complain about the tracks in FL but I don't see them involved in getting new tracks opened and old ones staying open (fighting the cities and cty's trying to close them down)

Dave BC,

I would think twice about the partnership thing and what insurance/title issues you would run in to. Okay if its just for you but the minute you invite the public (i.e. friends) you open up a new can of worms.

Brian,

You didn't see that response coming!!!! LMAO

Don

I have not at ne of the tracks in Fl besides pax i told them i enjoyed their track and track and they had nice facilities.

When i was living at home I participated in running every race at North Carolina Motorsports Park and have probly spent more hours then you would believe in a dozer and tractor at 2am sunday morning preparing the track to race on.

I am not complaining with out any knowledge of what it takes to put on a race. I have run track sign in groomed tracks run staging run the gate and i also helped organize two races at an indpeth level, including being involved in the cost to put a race on. I know what it takes.