Sign in to follow this  

Knocked unconscious today...

Dr. Mark,

Today I crashed at the track and was knocked unconscious and was out for 30 seconds to a minute according to those with me. Apparently I got up and was walking and speaking for 30 -40 minutes before time started for me again. I lost that entire time. I went from remembering my hand coming off the bars to being in the middle of a conversation with some friends. When I crashed I hit my head and my helmet got pushed into the left side of my face. It's now all bruised and swollen. My nose never took a direct hit from what I can tell, but at the time of the crash my nose started gushing blood. Now a few hours later, every time i bend over my nose starts bleeding. I feel okay, just tired and sore with a headache, but nothing severe. Whatcha think? And no, I haven't gone to the ER or doctor or urgent care. I hate those places and will avoid them as well as I can.

go to the ER dude. :thumbsup:

Ditto!

Maybe you aren't thinking clearly due to the head injury, because yours is a "no brainer" -- get thee to your doctor.

yaa go to the ER. that can get pretty serius. i have some friends that had less symptoms of concusion and couldve been bad if they didnt go. Thank God you Had A HELMET!! they save lives. GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup:

You already have my vote.

Typically urgent care centers cost hundreds of dollars to visit vs thousands at an ER. ER typically open 24 hrs / day but is filled with all kinds of stuff on a Sat night. Urgent Care here closes in the evening so it is possible if you need to go at midnight... your visit maybe more of an 'experience' than an urgent care clinic at this time.

Even if you have great insurance there is always the deductible.

Pete is right. If you are knocked out cold, you need a CT scan of the head.

Bad news fellas. When I hit my head the helmet went into my face and broke my left upper jaw and set my left side molars in a good 1/4 inch. Plus I cracked two ribs on the left side back area. I don't hurt too bad but the fact that my upper jaw was broken away from my skull is pretty scary. Surgery to rebreak my upper jaw and reset it in the proper position looks like a must if I ever want to be able to chew food again. So far I've been eating soup and scrambled eggs and soft stuff like that. This was my first crash wearing a TLD helmet and it has convinced me to never wear those helmets again. Beware of these helmets. I don't know if it was a freak occurence, but I thinkk from now on I'll be wearing Arai's. Chills, get a new helmet dude. I don't want this to happen to anybody else. This sucks beyond belief. The bleeding has stopped and my headaches are getting better, but the left side of my face is super swelled and my left eye is black and my eye ball is blood red. Considering my injuries, the doctor was amazed I was even able to move under my own power, let alone chill out for a day prior to being checked out. I'll try to get some XRays up soon. You're gonna shit a brick when you see the fracture on my skull! :thumbsup: