Sign in to follow this  

Best Tires for North East Riding?

Hello All

I ride a WR250F in PA, I ride lots of: Rock, Mud, Hard Pack, and flat turns.

I am thinking about trials tires?

I am very open to suggestions?

Thanks

I run intermediates, but hardpack ones would probably fit my needs the best. Its just, i dont want to hit a mud spot and really be stuck.

I just run an intermediate and I ride everywhere, hard pack trails, sand trials, sand pits, grassy feilds, rocky trails, sometimes track. Those work great for me :thumbsup:

the kenda carlsbad might be good for you, for hardpacked stuff

but i think north east dirt in general (other then PA and maybe West Virginia) is more to the soft side of the equation..like sand/loam..D756:thumbsup:

The absolute best tire that I have found for what you are describing is the Trelleborg Tenmaster green

I found a deal on them in the spring for $65 each and bought 4 of them. I am saving my last one for when it's wet again.

I am currently running a Kenda Millville and it's not a bad tire. Fast A riders will tear all the side knobs off in one race. However, I just completed one of the rockiest races in our local series and mine didn't chunk real bad. For the price they are hard to beat.

Last year, I rode the Michelin S12 all year. They hook up as well as the Trelleborg but last only about half as long.

best rear i have found is the bridgestone 402

still looking for a sweet front, but i dont replace them until they need it so it takes longer for opinions on the front.

mt16 rears...mt18 fronts..thats :thumbsup: the style..new england......

I too use the D756's for everything, they tend to like to slide out on hardpack but for how often i see reallly hard pack, im fine with it. I'll do a few races then flip it over and use the other side of the knobs a race or two and its like a new tire, but wears faster the second time. Just an opinion

756 up front, and Maxxis IT on the rear. The Maxis IT wears very well, and works pretty well on everything but pure Mud. I ride track and trail, and this combo has worked very great for me.

I also ride a wr250f in the PA coal areas so you have real loose stuff almost like sand and tons of rocks. I rode two sets of the 756 front and rear and the rear lasted about 500 miles or so.

I switched to the Maxxis Desert IT in the rear and I have over 400 miles on it and I would say I am still at 70% tread, the tire is holding up real well with no "chunking" whatsoever :thumbsup: , I still run the 756 up front with no problem.

As a side note I tried the MH3 on my son's CRF and it got chewed up pretty quick.

10yeareer, I have to disagree with this tire choice, I ran that tire because I thought it would be gnarly and heard good things about it. Truth is it never performed well in even one area, not sand, mud, rock, hardpack, asphalt or loam. Worst tire Ive ever ran, It also was completely chunked and demolished after 2 rides. Id go with the MT16 in the rear. I havent yet decided on a front tire, it will probably be the MT83

Dunlop 756 is a good all around tire but wears very fast, good for one or two races - the 952 is supposed to last longer, I havent tried them yet

the S12's I hated, especially the front, it is a sand tire and not good for the northeast

the bridgestone 402 was not bad, my KTM came stock with it

lately I have been running the pirelli 44 front and 16 rear (Scotty Summers choice)... they have been great and I get a bit more wear out of them...

mt16 rears...mt18 fronts..thats :ride: the style..new england......

And in NJ too. Unbeatable in the rocks and mud, and last three times as long as the 756's. :thumbsup: