Sign in to follow this  

Hi to all

I'm new on this forum, Just picked up a "well" used 1998 xr70. Tires are bald, plastic all busted up. The frame was broken by the pipe mounting bracket on the rights side. Is this a common failure point? I'm going to cut the frame at the bubble gum weld clean every thing up insert a solid rod into the frame line everything up again and tig weld it up. I'm wondering if I should reinforce the other side as well, any thoughts? The engine's just been reringed and sounds good. I just bought a 02 tank seat and plastic to updated its looks.

Is there anything else or other weak points i should check out

Ciao

C

Welcome to TT. I think it will look good with the new plastics. Could you post up any pictures? The solid rod sounds good but is probably only necessary on the side that's messed up. Only thing bad about putting it in both sides is the added weight of a solid metal bar. Up to you I say. The easiest way to post pictures is a photobucket account if you don't already have one.

http://www.photobucket.com/

Welcome Not sure Abbot week spots on the frame but drooping to a 13 tooth front sprocket is the best thing you can do IT will ride like a different bike and wheelie better too People talk about opening up the air box (cutting a bigger hole) Just seem to make it louder same with taking out the baffle and cutting it out. Made a lot more noise couldn't tell any power change So I bought anther one and put it back in helps a lot with the neighbors :thumbsup: