My bike got stolen

I was showing my bike yesterday to a guy that claimed he wanted to buy it. He got on to take a test ride and took off. So if you nor cal guys could, please keep an eye out for it at the local tracks. It was a 2004 honda crf250r, and stolen from my house in Oakland. The guy that stole it was a 6ft tall black male, about 170lbs and around 22 years old. The VIN# is JH2ME10335M003688.

Here are some pics of the bike. If anyone does happen to see it please give me a call at 510-290-1289.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

How did he get to your place? I guess he took the bus? I like to make sure buyers arrive by car so I have something as collateral, even if it is stolen.

Took a forged cashier's check once, never got the car back or anything. Gotta be careful these days!

How did he get to your place? I guess he took the bus? I like to make sure buyers arrive by car so I have something as collateral, even if it is stolen.

Took a forged cashier's check once, never got the car back or anything. Gotta be careful these days!

I live at the end of a really small narrow street, so it is not uncommon for people to walk up, there is a parking lot on the other side of my street where most people park, I just assumed he parked there. The police officer I talked to said this is happening more and more, so be careful when you are selling your bikes.

The thing that sucks is them CRF 250Rs are a dime a dozen and red sticker season is just around the bend :applause: . I doubt this clown is gonna be riding it though :ride: Start scanning craigslist and e-bay daily for "parting out" CRF 250Rs. Also post this on the Bay area riders forum...they have a good theft and recovery section. Good luck dude, I hope this dude gets caught and you get your bike back...or at least he chokes to death on some fried chicken or watermelon seeds or waffles or something ?

that sucks bro...nothin worse than a fu_kn theif....i had my truck stolen with both my bikes,and all my campin gear(about 5 yrs ago)...my kx500 was maybe 2 months old, and i had just restored my 86 husqvarna 400 enduro...they found my truck a few days later, stripped, but no bikes...i was sooo bummed. a few days after they found my truck, they found my kx500, laying in the middle of a field with some bent bars and scratched plastic...at least i got the new one back(the husky is still MIA ? ) ANYWAYS....the pile of crap that stole my stuff hopped on that 500, thinking it was a 125 or 250, and found out REAL quick that it was a 500...it dumped him right there, and they left it..hahahahahaha...i wish i could have been there when KARMA bit that tweeker right in the ass...i know the dude was hurt bad..served his stealin ass right!!!! moral of the story.....don't give up hope...you'll get it back when tyrone runs it into a bus...karma is a mfer..i hope you get your bike back...i'll pray for ya bro

Here in so cal Ive heard of a couple of bike that a women has showed up to buy a bike for her husband she says. She call before and says shes bringing a cashier check, which she gives and loads the bike up, when the guys have taken the check to the bank its no good the guy I know signed the pink but got none of her info. When he called the cops thet told him it had happened before in our area. He was S.O.L.