Sign in to follow this  

goodies for a YZ250f

Here is the plan.

I have projects of buying an old stock YZ250f (03-05) if I can find one somewhere and here is what I plan to add to it.

The goal is to chase friends on the track during the week ends.

Engine

-Hot Cams

-Hinson Clutch

-FMF Header and pipe

Others

- Renthal sprockets and chain

- Works connection clutch perch and lever, glide plate, rad guards, frame guards

- TM Design chain guide/slider

- Pro Taper handlebar

- Acerbis hand guards

- Factory Effex graphics and Seat Cover

Any other goodies I should include in the budjet?

What do you guys think?

Thanks

High compression piston

Thought about it but NAH!

More compression = more heat = less reliability. I don't wanna get into that at all.

Thanks for your suggestion. :thumbsup:

If you want the truth, ditch the fmf and get a white brothers, pro circuit, rocket, or dr. d exhaust.

I want a header/pipe combination that will increase bottom power, not only peak HP. which one is the best?

Amd by the way, what the h... is "Rocket "?

If you want the truth, ditch the fmf and get a white brothers, pro circuit, rocket, or dr. d exhaust.

yeah not a big fan of fmf. mostly because they are overgloried. they have good pipes but id go with the dr d. oh and rocket is a semi new brand that has not really been tested alot. looks cool though.

yeah not a big fan of fmf. mostly because they are overgloried. they have good pipes but id go with the dr d. oh and rocket is a semi new brand that has not really been tested alot. looks cool though.

I've seen (heard) the DrDs a lot on the track. they have a great reputation.

I'll consider seriously. White bros and pro circuit are serious stuffs I'm sure...

Get your suspension set-up before you go blowing huge amounts of cash on a 1-3 HP increase with a pipe. Suspension will actually make you faster.

More compression = more heat = less reliability. I don't wanna get into that at all.

I would just leave the cams stock! For the reliability reason as above. I can not see that much of a gain by changing the cams. They might change the powerband, but that will either add to the bottom end or top end. I have not tried different cams though. Make sure you try the 50 tooth rear sprocket though.

oooook :applause:

all i have to say is that your way off, where did you learn the above/who told you? :ride:

I've got a Rocket Exhaust on my 250F. Check out my garage for a picture or two. I will vouch for what a great pipe it is and for the price you CANNOT beat it. Plus, it looks totally trick, which is always good if you have friends you need to one-up.

oooook :ride:

all i have to say is that your way off, where did you learn the above/who told you? :thumbsup:

I'm not sure to follow you. I can't be way off saying that more compression leads to more heat can I? This is just laws of physics. Then I can't be way off saying that overheat is not really good...

What I mean is that the YZ250f engine revs high enough, has already what? 12.5 comp ratio, low amounts of oil considering the performance and heats way enough as is... I'll buy a 450f before buying a high comp piston...

Just my humble opinion.

Do you guys consider the cooling system of the YZF250 can handle a high comp piston easily?