need a stock klx 300 headpipe or complete exhaust...

• 1 year later...
ive got a complete one cept the heat shield only 92mi ran on it.

are any of these exhausts still available? I'm looking for preferably just the muffler, but I'd take the whole system too if you got it. It has to be in excellent condition as it's going on my new '09 KLX250S. thx

Mind if I ask why you'd be putting this on a brand new 09? What's wrong with the one it comes with? If your looking for performance don't look at the stock 300 exhaust. It's the same as the 250's.

The 250S models do not have the same exhaust as the 300's do. You can't just take out the but plug like on the 300 exhaust. Also I believe the head pipe is shorter than the 300's. A popular upgrade for the 250S guys is to get a 300 exhaust and remove the but plug like so many 300 users have done. I still don't like the 300 header even on the 250's. The biggest bang for the buck is a FSW header and a 300 exhaust with the butt plug removed. I would also add a nice turn down tip. There is regularly 300 systems on e-bay for cheap $.

The 250S models do not have the same exhaust as the 300's do. You can't just take out the but plug like on the 300 exhaust. Also I believe the head pipe is shorter than the 300's. A popular upgrade for the 250S guys is to get a 300 exhaust and remove the but plug like so many 300 users have done. I still don't like the 300 header even on the 250's. The biggest bang for the buck is a FSW header and a 300 exhaust with the butt plug removed. I would also add a nice turn down tip. There is regularly 300 systems on e-bay for cheap $.

thank you. this is my plan exactly including the FSW black anodized header. This will make more power than any slip-on and on par with aftermarket systems as the 300's stock muffler makes power on par with the aftermarkets after the buttplug is removed. This is according to Larry Roeseler and FSW. I had a BigGun EvoX full system on my '06 KLX250S but let it go when I sold it. It made tons of power but I don't want to spend that kind of money, $400, on another system. And if all goes as planned, I'll have a system that looks stock but won't be sans the black anodized FSW header. I even want to keep the nice shiny metal wrap that comes on the stock muffler.

So, does anyone have a 300 exhaust like I'm looking for?