XR400 tracking off

? I own an XR400 05 model, I unfortunately dumped her a bit heavily when I was lanced by a tree branch. I ended up on the deck with a broken rib or two and the bike ended up 20 metres further down the track. The problem is now is that the tracking in the front steering is a bit off. Initially I thought I had bent handlebars which I replaced. This didn’t help as when riding I hold the handle bars straight the bike wants to steer slightly to the left. I enjoy working on the bike so I would like to try and fix it myself. What should I be looking for as the forks appear to be straight?

Front wheel alignment is off. Loosen the pinch bolts on the triple clamps and straighten it out so it is even on both sides. I have used the center of the front fender as a point of reference in the past. You could buy a scott summers fork brace if you don't want to deal with this again.

A fork brace will not prevent twisted forks.

Rayza, loosen the upper and lower triple clamp fork pinch bolts, not so much that the fork tubes slide easily up or down in the clamps tho. Stand in front of the bike with the wheel between your knees and grasp the bars. Keeping the wheel from turning side to side with your knees, twist the bars side to side and feel where the whole assembly wants to settle/center. Once your satisfied, re-tighten/re-torque the pinch bolts.