Sign in to follow this  

Really, I'm glad i have a 2smoke

I'm really starting to appreciate my 2smoke. Ive been reading left and right about these 4 strokes blowing up, having problems, not starting, having to rebuild every 5 mintues, bent vavles, checking valves every X hours, $500+ just on a rebuild, wont start, flooded, ect ect...and the list goes on.

These 2smokes, i love 'em. :thumbsup:

:ride: Two Strokes :applause:

:applause: Four Strokes :applause:

I'm really starting to appreciate my 2smoke and yamaha's. Ive been reading left and right about these 4 strokes blowing up, having problems, not starting, having to rebuild every 5 mintues, bent vavles, checking valves every X hours, $500+ just on a rebuild, wont start, flooded, ect ect...and the list goes on except for the YZF's.

These 2smokes, i love 'em. :ride:

:applause: YZF's :applause:

:applause: CRF's :applause:

I corrected a few of your spelling errors. :thumbsup:

I'm really starting to appreciate my 2smoke. Ive been reading left and right about these 4 strokes blowing up, having problems, not starting, having to rebuild every 5 mintues, bent vavles, checking valves every X hours, $500+ just on a rebuild, wont start, flooded, ect ect...and the list goes on.

These 2smokes, i love 'em. :thumbsup:

:applause: qwik-e-02cr :applause:

:applause: Jaycycle :applause:

hey buddy :ride:

lol jp.

but really though, i'm really glad i have that 2smoke

i know, i know.

im TRYING to make it later.

ive only ridden a 250f and i sorta liked it. I think i will convert when i ride a race 450.. oh, and when i hve a job

i think of it this way, there is a reason my truck and Z28 are not 2 smokes...

cause of emissions and mpg? or because they would have twice as much power as they have now?

dont forget RELIABILITY......ever seen a two smoker go 20,000 miles between top ends???? me neither...

Yada yada 4-strokes are better. If it weren't for the AMA allowing 4-strokes to have double the displacement, they would get shit on in the racing world. 2-strokes would still be the dominant racing machine. 4-strokes are just far less efficient.

Lock this up before it turns into a pissing match.

i for some reason like those pissing matches and i always seem to be the one of the main posters in them :thumbsup::ride:

I havent seen any of those problems with the 4-stroke MX bikes and sport quads that my buddies and I have.

IMO, the ownership cost is pretty much the same. Granted, 2-strokes are cheaper to rebuild, BUT you have to rebuild them much more often.

I personally hate the way a 125 sounds (250s sound OK though). I much prefer the rumble of a 4-stroke.

Heres something to consider. Yes, the AMA gives 4-strokes double the displacement, BUT consider this. A 2-stroke gets a powers stroke twice as often as a 4-stroke and on average is about 20 pounds lighter, so to make it fair they have to give the thumpers a little cc advantage.

I say, ride what you like. Ive always loved the sound of a 4-stroke ever since Yamaha started the 4-stroke MX bike revolution with Doug Henry aboard the YZ 400. Some people are more old-school and like the sound a 2-stroker. Thats cool too. What matters is that someone rides, not what they ride...

I'm converting next Wednesday.. :thumbsup: 07'crf250

very happy about it. the corner speeds are incredible..

This thread isnt intended to be a pissing match. I'm just stating that as of right now, from what ive been hearing and reading, that i am glad to have my 2smoke.

You will convert sooner or later. Its only a matter of time.

As the Stones put it......

Ti i i ime is on my side, yes it is....

:thumbsup:

I really like my 4 stroke bike but I haven't ridden a 2 stroke for so many years that I've forgot what they're like. Been really looking at the KTM 250 or 300 W. I wouldn't sell my WR450 so I only have to convince the wife of the need for a man of my age to own 2 dirt bikes. Seems perfectly logical to me.

I really like my 4 stroke bike but I haven't ridden a 2 stroke for so many years that I've forgot what they're like. Been really looking at the KTM 250 or 300 W. I wouldn't sell my WR450 so I only have to convince the wife of the need for a man of my age to own 2 dirt bikes. Seems perfectly logical to me.

I know what you mean, I've tried arguments like:

You don't have one pair of shoes for everything do you?

There's more than one golf club in a bag for a reason.

Nothing worked......the Gas Gas is for sale :thumbsup: