Sign in to follow this  

plug feel out of my bike

today when i was riding, that black screw plug thats on the side of the engine feel off while i was riding. im not sure how long i was riding without it, but i kno it wasnt longer than 5 minutes. is there anything i should check for or watch out for before i start the bike up again? you think anything could have gotten ****e dup??

change the oil. dirt and other crap could have got into the engine. you could have lost some oil too. i would flush it out with a quart or two of oil

and before you start it you might want to put the plug back in :thumbsup:

should i put some oil back in, start it up, then drain it? or should i out some oil in the engine and flush it out before i even start the bike up?

What plug is this? Is it on the newer models or just the older ones? Do all manufactures have one?

What plug is this? Is it on the newer models or just the older ones? Do all manufactures have one?

Don't worry, this hole is now sealed on the 06 bikes - no plugs to worry about.

should i put some oil back in, start it up, then drain it? or should i out some oil in the engine and flush it out before i even start the bike up?

Drain what is in there. I wouldn't fire it up because like it was said above there could be dirt and stuff in it. Then flush it a few times. Better safe than sorry.

Since we don't know for sure which plug fell out then I would simply say if oil came out then dirt could have gone in. Flush w/ diesel fuel or kero and refill w/ oil.

If oil didn't come out then dirt could not have gotten in so continue riding! :thumbsup:

i believe that the timing hole or crankshaft nut cover is what plug he is refering to (the two black plastis plugs with screwdriver slots, on is big, one is small)