Sign in to follow this  

Thanks!

I'd like to say thank you to the 3 guys who helped get the Mrs out of TSF after her crash. I never did get your name's, but Thank you!

You know who you are-the guy on the WR426F who cut his ride short to get his blue Ford Ranger with WA plates and bring it up the Powerline trail to extricate her as we thought she had broken her legs.

And to the 2 guys (one on a mid 90's KDX and the other on a WR250F) who helped get her into the truck and brought her bike to the road so we could load it, Thank You.

The good news is NO BROKEN BONES and her right leg is all AOK, and the left knee may have some soft tissue damage, but hard to tell at this time with all the swelling.

Thank you to all 3 of you who took time out of your ride to help!

I'd like to say thank you to the 3 guys who helped get the Mrs out of TSF after her crash. I never did get your name's, but Thank you!

You know who you are-the guy on the WR426F who cut his ride short to get his blue Ford Ranger with WA plates and bring it up the Powerline trail to extricate...And to the 2 guys (one on a mid 90's KDX and the other on a WR250F) who helped get her into the truck...

C/H, you meet the nicest people on a Yamaha!

:thumbsup: Glad she is doing OK too.

Hope your wife is feeling better. At least it's not broken.

Swelling can disguise a fracture. I took my daughter in for a swollen arm and they saw one fracture in the xray. By the time I got home they had called and told my husband they found a second fracture. She had the temp cast on for a week till the swelling went down then they put on the regular six week cast. She didn't like that - no riding.

Hey Chickenhauler I hope everything is OK, and I also hope she will ride again, sometimes it puts a damper on wanting to ride anymore, I'm just now teaching my wife to ride her New 2006 XT 225, and so far she is doing great, but I have scheduled her and 4 other riders to take the MSF BRC in October, I just want her to stay safe. Tell your wife to get better soon.

:thumbsup: Oh I just wanted to add, when I hear of people helping other people when it really counts, it it reassures my faith in humanity, for a while :applause: I saw a bumper sticker 20 years ago that I didn't understand until years later that said "I love mankind, it the people I can't stand" The good stories of people stepping up and helping others is good to hear from time to time. Pay It Forward.....(good movie) Everyone should watch it. Later all. :ride:

:applause:

Great to hear she will be OK. I am never surprised when the off roaders step up and help each other, but am always glad to hear it.

When she wants to ride again, spend the $$ on some Asterick braces. Having had 2 surgeries from my ski racing days, I can attest that they work. In fact tonight, I found one of the hinge frames cracked. Better it than a knee.

Awesome.....I hope everything turns out ok for her. I always lend a helping hand when a fallen rider needs it. Because the day will come when I need it and I hope someone will help me out. :thumbsup::ride:

Her mishap is unfortunate, but the story that goes along with it is nice to hear. During the Memorial Day Poker Run I helped a 17 yr old girl and her parents after she got run over by her own 4-wheeler. She was also OK, and she and her parents were very grateful. I hope your wife heals quickly, and doesn't lose interest in riding.

Eric

Her mishap is unfortunate, but the story that goes along with it is nice to hear. During the Memorial Day Poker Run I helped a 17 yr old girl and her parents after she got run over by her own 4-wheeler. She was also OK, and she and her parents were very grateful. I hope your wife heals quickly, and doesn't lose interest in riding.

Eric

And it never hurts to have an EMT riding with you either!

:thumbsup:

This is for the guys that helped out :thumbsup: We need to help each other to make it out there.

This is for the guys that helped out :thumbsup: We need to help each other to make it out there.

Hey GsGuy what's up, remember me? :ride:

Forgot all about this thread I started, but after Physical Therapy and MRI's, they now know that her ACL is torn, and have scheduled ACL reconstruction surgery for Oct 9th. The Doc claims she'll be on her feet and back to work in 7-10 days, but wont' be riding until May or so, all depending on her progress and healing.

Thanks to you guys who helped get her out of the woods, and all you TT'ers who took the time to wish her well, she was really down in the dumps when she was on crutches. THANKS!

My wife just learned to ride a couple of months ago, I can't imagine what you must have gone through, I hope she has a full recovery and is able to ride again.

Her surgery was a success, and she's snoozing in her LazyBoy right beside me back at home. She's up and hobbling around without crutches to head to the bathroom, and raid the fridge. Still a bit wobbly, but she seems OK as long as there's something to grab onto near by (one of those security things).

Doc says she'll be pretty steady and good to go about unaided in 7-10 days, and she's already counting down the days til she can ride again. :thumbsdn:

1 down, 179 to go.(6 months off the bike) :devil:

A big Thanks to all those who helped her out, be it by lending a hand, or just by posting back. She doesn't always post much, but reads tons of stuff on TT. :thumbsdn: