Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400SM Jetting??

Ok, im looking at getting a new bike, either the DRZ400SM, the Husky SMR610, or the new aprilia 550,

both the aprilia and the SMR610 are 63+ HP stock, wile the DRZ400SM sits sadly at 38HP,

If i put 3*3 holes in the air box of DRZ400SM and rejet it how much extra HP will it give me?

the 3x3 mod only wakes up the bike a little.you won't get the hp as the other 2 bikes you suggest.the only way you will get close to the same is to do the full treatment(drz475TT at the top of the page)one thing is for sure..the drz will be waaaay more reliable and maintenance friendly than any exotic out there.and cheaper to run as well

Ok, im looking at getting a new bike, either the DRZ400SM, the Husky SMR610, or the new aprilia 550,

both the aprilia and the SMR610 are 63+ HP stock, wile the DRZ400SM sits sadly at 38HP,

If i put 3*3 holes in the air box of DRZ400SM and rejet it how much extra HP will it give me?

sorry,but thay are not 63hp to the wheel.

more like 53.

..., wile the DRZ400SM sits sadly at 38HP,

...?

Why do folks rap our choice of machines, and ask for help at the same time :thumbsup:

i got a broshure from 1 of the biggest husky and aprilia dealers in the northeast (us) saying hp on the husky 610 was 63....and im not 100% but ive been told the aprilia 550 puts out 60-70

The aprilia 5.5 is not a SM no matter what the Advertising says... 330 pounds of V twin , without add on aftermarket parts....

The aprilia 5.5 is not a SM no matter what the Advertising says... 330 pounds of V twin , without add on aftermarket parts....

My buddy just got the 550. It's sure as shit is a SM! It feels as light/lighter than my DRZ and not even in the same zip code power-wise. And it needs NO aftermarket parts (except a steering damper) as it already has everything: stainless lines, nice bars, nice pegs, wave rotors, etc etc. It comes fully pimped out from the factory.

I still wouldn't choose one over my DRZ though. :thumbsup: