Sign in to follow this  

Trouble shifting into neutral

Does anyone know why I would have trouble shifting into neutral while the bike is running? When the engine is off, I have no problem at all. Anyway to fix this? This is on a CRF 250 '04

I think that it has to do with the gear box. Because I had the same problem on a CR250, but I can get it on my YZ250F without even thinking about it. But I am thinking it has to do with the gear box. :thumbsup:

Sounds like clutch is worn, remove and inspect, don't forget to check clutch basket fr groves.

I had same trouble with KX250F. Appears I had about 100mls too much oil in it. Drained and replaced and problem vanished.

Does anyone know why I would have trouble shifting into neutral while the bike is running? When the engine is off, I have no problem at all. Anyway to fix this? This is on a CRF 250 '04

its because of the clutch. while the bike is running there is drag on the clutch adn when you shift into neutral its like shifting only half a gear. instead of shifting from first to second your shifting from first to neutral. thats why its harder to do while the bike is running

Check to make sure your clutch fibers aren't worn down, and that your basket isn't notched.

question.. so whats with your avatar

i have the problem too, im gonna change the oil and see what happens

same here, could it be that honda engineered the bike to be that way? so when shifting in a race you dont hit neutral?

same here, could it be that honda engineered the bike to be that way? so when shifting in a race you dont hit neutral?

good point. becasue on my yz125 adn rm 85 i had trouble with that happending, but never on my 250f