Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse Shifting Question?

05 YZ 250f. Running Amsoil 10w40 full synthetic exclusive since purchased. Just installed the Rekluse yesterday. Had to install 2 of the steel disks to get to .040 Im running the stock friction plates. I used the mx spring and the stud was centered for medium tension with the clutch lever removed. In following the break in procedure I did the following. Warm it up 3 min. shut off the bike, put it in 2nd and move it back and forth to wet the plates. I started the bike in neutral grabeed the front break and put it in 2nd. The bike did not stall. OK, thats a start in the right direction. Gave a little more gas and I'm moving. Another plus. In first gear I followed the rest of the process. Everything seems great, in fact I was amazed at how easily I was getting the front wheel off the ground. At about half throttle the front starts lifting with ease. Very Nice!

Now for my concern. Shifting from 1st to 2nd to 3rd etc. was very difficult.

I had to back out of the throttle to get it to upshift. Is this normal durring break in?

If you are shifting without a manual clutch override, you should back off the throttle when shifting with an auto clutch to save the gears. Adding the auto clutch should have little or no effect on clutchless shifting.

I also purchased the perch adjuster/override.

Tried again today to get this clutch working. Even after chopping the throttle and pulling the clutch in, It dont want to shift from 1st to 2nd all the time without a fight. In fact now I cant find neutral with the bike running. Gap is set at .039. I adjusted cable slack several times. Same end result.

Any Ideas?