Sign in to follow this  

New DRZ 400SM Dies with choke off

The bike just dies when you are pulling up to a stop light. It seems that the bike is on the extremelt lean side. It is a brand new bike that I just got yesterday. It doesn't do it at every stop light, it is just intermitent. I only have got to 60 miles and it has probably died 50 times. Any help would be valuable. Thank you very much in advance. BTW bike is all stock.

sorry forgot to add that it will not do it when choke is on, and does take the choke to get it restarted after it dies.

Just did the fuel screw. It was at 3 1/2 turns out. Now I am at 4 turns out with same results. Go father? And I did clean the carb when it was out.

Re-did the carb. Really really took my time. Ran my drill bit thru pilot, not removing metal just to clean it. Runs Thanks again guys.

Ran my drill bit thru pilot, not removing metal just to clean it.

Glad it's going again, but for the future this is a really bad idea.

Either blow jets out with compressed air, carb cleaner or the like.

If the dirt is really stubborn I use the stiff nylon bristle from a brush or broom.

If you must use a metal object, then pick something smooth like the blunt end of a sewing needle.

Neil.

:thumbsup::ride::applause:

They are the tiny set of drill bits. I just used the blunt end and slid them thru with my fingers from the end. I started with the smallest one which is a .00125 I believe. Never force them just slide it in the end and work my way up thru the sizes till the one that don't fit. So it works just like the needle idea. Thanks for the info tho. Glad to know that I did something right... Thank you guys!