Sign in to follow this  

2 strokes banned form state parks?????

Someone told me that all two strokes will be banned from state ohv parks, ect... Basically the only place you can ride one would be in an event or on private property. Any truth to this rumor?

i think this is just a nasty rumor, the state would lose soooooo much $$$$$, and that is the bottom line($$$$$). they have been doing more sound tests though. and of course they enforce the red/green sticker bs. i ride alot in gorman, and ocotillo...i haven't heard anything about a ban on 2 strokes

Unless its happened in the last couple weeks (and it certainly would have made news) this is BS.

However red sticker bikes cannot be ridden this time of year in most places. That would include all 2003+ 2 strokes and a lot of 4 strokes.

i cant beleave this to be true but i woudnt put it past our lame state.

all the four stroke race bikes are red sticker so whats the diff. they need to pick on the diesels and factorys polluting . and if its noise dont get me wrong

but who should care out in the dessert in the middle of no where. we should all try to meet 96dbs

Someone told me that all two strokes will be banned from state ohv parks, ect... Basically the only place you can ride one would be in an event or on private property. Any truth to this rumor?

Exactly who told you that? Who is Someone?

Just a friend who heard it at Carnagie. I told you it was a rumor. I didn't believe him, but knowing CA, I wouldn't put it past them.

I know 2 stroke water craft made after 2002 are banned from state park lakes.

This is how a rumor turns into an untrue fact. All 2002 and older 2-strokes can still ride at all State OHV parks, nothing has changed. Now 2003 and newer Red Stickered 2-strokes are limited to the Red Sticker riding seasons.