Sign in to follow this  

Supermoto Wheels - Swap to Different Bike?

A bit ago I picked up a DRZ S and bought a complete set of supermoto wheels from Thumpertalk to fit this bike. I am now considering selling the bike, but I'm loathe to part with the wheels since the entire set-up (with new rotor etc) cost practically 2k.

Is it possible to simply buy new spacers and pop these wheels onto different bikes, say a CRF etc? I was told once this is not possible, but I find that hard to believe. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Bob

New spacers quite likely as well as possibly changing wheel bearings. You may also need to get a new brake rotor carrier or be willing to get a special caliper bracket.

Very few of the bike wheels out there are swappable without a lot of issues related to axles, brakes and drive sprocket alignment.

Now if you wanted to get an RMZ450 and convert that then I believe that the wheels will go right on since the DRZ400SM uses RM wheels.

The DRZ wheels will 100% NOT FIT the RMZ!

The front will fit an RM(not Z) but the rear is unique.

Oddly enough they are more likely to go directly onto a KTM wihout too much hassle but I'd try that before you bought the bike.

Cheers,

Grant

Hmm... pay to get them relaced to the bike in question's stock hubs?

Seems the way to go. So long as the rims you have are spoked the same.

it is so easy to fit drz wheels to crf's or any bike for that matter. just contact talon.co.uk they sell ready made conversion kits for everything going....job done!!

Work over this month, sell the kit and get a new one, job done!