Sign in to follow this  

05 WR250f throttle stop

I need some help finding the throttle stop on the 2005 wr250f. The pics in the mods section a completely different carb than mine. Talked with a couple local shops and they were clueless as well.

I have all the other mods taken care of just need this one.

--Northwest Trail Rider

In my 04WR250f i have the 2004YZ250f throttle stop! Yea at local shops the guys at the counter are cluiless :thumbsup: !! When i came there and said can i please order a throttle stop for 2004 YZ250f they looked at me like i was from the moon! Mechanics in the local shops know what it is and ask the guy at the counter to talk to to a mechanic andd mechanic will tell the sales guy the part number. Just ask for 2005 YZ throttle stop. Its a very small part and costs 13.95, but makes hell of a lot of difference.

The throttle stop screw is located on the right hand side towards the rear of the carb. It would be easier if you took off cover (held on by two screws) where your throttle cables go into. Check this site for a picture, http://www.thumperfaq.com/images/throttlestop-coveroff-annotated.jpg

could not of said it better myself. thumperfaq has all you need or want to know about your bike.

This pic is completely different than the carb on my 05. The throttle stop is buried in the middle of the carb an it appears there is no way to get to it.

I was hoping someone had a similar problem with an 05 and could walk me through it.

The guys at the shop were able to get me the right part, but as for where and how to install it on an 05 they did not have a clue.

The carbs pictured in the mods sections are not even close to mine with respect to the throttle stop location and removal.

Take the cover off as mentioned above. It's there; actuate the throttle and you'll see the pulley moving and see where it meets a certain balck screw that stops rotation. I had an 05 and just cut the stock stop, as apposed to buying a new "YZ" stop.