houston texas

AS some on here know i currently relocated to houston and love it but i had to sell my yz250 before i came down,i am now getting the ich to ride reall bad,but i cant go out and by a new bike yet,so is there anyone in this area with something they want to sell?im looking for a cheap 250 or 125,or maybe even a xr,i need it to be cheap just something to toy around on untill i can pick something else up.

I don't know anyone trying to sell a bike right now but there is a place off of I45 just south of NASA Rd. 1, on the right, going south that sells used dirt bikes and quads. It's past Hooters next to a brickyard (place that sells dirt). There also used to be a big used bike place off of Airline on the northeast side of town. It was just south of Little York, but before you got to I45. If you are going south on Airline, it was on the left. I haven't been up that way in a few years so I'm not sure if it's still there.

Some of the bike shops have bulletin boards in their customer service area that people put up bikes for sale. If I hear of something, I'll let you know.

AS some on here know i currently relocated to houston and love it but i had to sell my yz250 before i came down,i am now getting the ich to ride reall bad,but i cant go out and by a new bike yet,so is there anyone in this area with something they want to sell?im looking for a cheap 250 or 125,or maybe even a xr,i need it to be cheap just something to toy around on untill i can pick something else up.

Pick up a cycletrader or check www.cycletrader.com . There are hundreds of 125s and 250s in your area. It should take you 10 minutes to find a 2stroke mx bike

I'm in Angleton...forty miles south of Houston, but I work on the S.E. side of town.

They're building a new track not far from you. (Sealy actually), right off I-10.

Hippie, you drive from Angleton to Ellington every day? Must make some service station very happy. I was hoping to get out to Pelican Island this week or this weekend but the rain doesn't seem to be letting up. Guess it's time for some muddin'. How bad does it get out there when wet? Is it ridable?

Hippie, you drive from Angleton to Ellington every day? Must make some service station very happy. I was hoping to get out to Pelican Island this week or this weekend but the rain doesn't seem to be letting up. Guess it's time for some muddin'. How bad does it get out there when wet? Is it ridable?

Well, the last time I was out there, it had been four days since the last rain. My bro-in-law was on his Kawi 650 with the dual purpose tires, and he just gave up and parked his bike. I spent the next hour struggling thru the bottomless puddles every fifty yards or so. Approximately half that time I was off the bike, pushing it thru while in first gear, trying to get it unstuck. When we got home, we took the bikes to the firestation (I'm a volunteer), and spent the next two hours with a fire hose blasting the mud off the bikes. The pressure at the local car wash just wasn't cuttin' it! But yes, it's rideable in some places, but just getting to the fun spots from the parking area was a bitch . Would I go out there again within four days of a rain event? HELL NO! It rained there yesterday....I'm thinking I'll prolly find someplace else to ride this weekend. I'm considering the Kelly's Pond area at Sam Houston. And as for the gas stations, it's no biggie...I ride my Kawi Voyager every day, rain or shine, fifty miles to the gallon! Crank up the stereo, dodge the cages, and cruise on!

Well, the last time I was out there, it had been four days since the last rain. My bro-in-law was on his Kawi 650 with the dual purpose tires, and he just gave up and parked his bike. I spent the next hour struggling thru the bottomless puddles every fifty yards or so.

Dood I am So glad you said that, I was considering going out there soon but I still have factory tires and with a 1.5 hr ride one way I woulda been ?

O, b.t.w. what kind of track's going up in sealy?

Dood I am So glad you said that, I was considering going out there soon but I still have factory tires and with a 1.5 hr ride one way I woulda been :ride:

O, b.t.w. what kind of track's going up in sealy?

My bad Bro...after looking at your "my garage thingy", I realized you were a dual sport guy. The Sealy track is motocross. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't ride there...you're just gonna be working a lil harder, right?

?

I'm in for a trailride anytime, the guys at motohouston are planning a trip to cherokee in late oct. but I will be back over there before then and definately be at pelican just about every other wknd. I went to try spring creek today and the trails are gone,bulldozed for urban sprawl.

John, what/where is Outlaw?

Wassup J Bird....I saw the website, it's just a lil ways up the road from the Kelly's Pond riding area at The Sam. Looks kinda like the same deal as Cherokee, except not as big.

Bye the way..the Nat'l Forrest was awesome Sunday. The big Nationals Enduro was going on, and all those bikes mixed up the sandy soil real good!. Wow, what a bitchin' time we had!