Fuel injection for 2008

correct me if im wrong but wont you have to buy a programer if you haf FI. Like they do on streetbikes and such. It's not like you canjust rejet the thing. Im sure it will make the bike run better but do you really want to spend the money to buy the programer to tune your bike everytime you put something aftermarket on.

correct me if im wrong but wont you have to buy a programer if you haf FI. Like they do on streetbikes and such. It's not like you canjust rejet the thing. Im sure it will make the bike run better but do you really want to spend the money to buy the programer to tune your bike everytime you put something aftermarket on.

I have a 2000 CBR929RR and I didn't have to buy a programer.

I wonder why everyone thinks that? Wierd.

I have a PCIII USB which tunes my fuel injection for my SV1000. It's much nicer than rejetting and such. All you have to due is plug it up to a PC and you can instantly change your fuel injection. Quick and easy.

but dont you think that is going to be a pain on a dirt bike. I mean tuning a street bike is one thing but tuning a dirtbike that is under constant abuse is anotherthing. I just think it is one more thing that can go wrong in the middle of a race.

Don't see why it'd be that major of a pain. Either way you have to tune it, it's just a different method. Plus, it offers you ease in fine tuning I think. You just have to know what you're doing with it, just like you have to know what you're doing when tuning anything on a bike for it to work well.