Sign in to follow this  

Jetting to fit in.

I didn't feel like a proper member until I'd asked at least one jetting question - it seems to come up a lot but here's mine.

I've got a 2000 E with a 92mm piston and have been given a Scorpion end can which I wasn't going to bother with....until I heard how load the stock exhaust is

My thinking is that I can get a noise catcher from a CRD or something and experiment with packing on the Scorpion to make it a bit more bearable.

Will there be a need to re-jet cause of the over bore and will the end can need any jetting changes as the standard can seems to be unbaffled? Im near as damn it sea level within 100m.

After spending the equivalent of 1300USD on the rebuild another 300 on an exhaust is out of the question.

What's wrong with the stock E pipe :applause:

With the 94mm piston and a cam + the FMF header it sounds lovely :applause::applause:

And the only time I was pulled for noise, the copper took one look at the "Suzuki" embossed in the side of the can and let me go :thumbsup:

Neil. :ride::applause::applause:

Its stock. I thought it might be ok but it doesn't like any throttle until its been running for at least 2 min

Sorry, first carb re-jet.

Fifth clip up (away from needle)?

Many thanks, do you think thats the cause of the reluctance off idle?

Fifth clip up (away from needle)?

No, clip position is always counted down from the blunt end.

I won't comment on the jetting, but if yours is set leaner than what Eddie has said to use, yes it probably is why your doesn't like any throttle, unless fully warmed up.

Neil.

:thumbsup::ride::applause: