Sign in to follow this  

Clutch cover damage (pictures)

What are you guys using as a replacement? Or does any one have a used one that they want to sell to me. Thanks

clutchcover2.jpg

clutchcover.jpg

I just put on an SFB $136.00, gun metal in color. I also picked up a new o-ring/gasket from motosport.com at the same time. I did not get red because the finish is going to get rubbed off anyway. Stock is $55.

Don't use stock !!!!!!

I just put a hole in mine with the brake lever (yes I filed down the teeth)

It doesn't take much to make a hole in the stock cover.

Get a Billit Aluminum cover and you won't have to worry about it again.

I just ordered the Recluse cover from ThumperTalk $139 adds more oil to the tranny too!

I had similar damage and replaced it with another OEM. I JB Welded the first even though I was told it wouldn't work. I ended up punching another (smaller) hole in the new replacement the very next race and switched back to the JB Welded one. It's been on there for five months and no leaks yet. I would say you're better off with the thicker alum one, but fix your stocker for a spare.

Rekluse has there's on sale for 119.00 till the end of August.

where did you see that info....Rekluse.com shows 139?

These are pic's of my second cover (smaller hole than the first) after JB Weld and Hammerite. The first is still on, so I don't have a pic, but it looks similar with a larger glob of goo on the inside.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/Diglerville/000_0111.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/Diglerville/000_0113.jpg

what did you use too paint the cover with ??

I used a Hammerite copy. I was going to go red, but they were out. I think it's better, though (black), as red would contrast more as it wears off with boot scuffs.

I got a hole in my cover last season (one race from the end), ended up replacing it with a stocker and shaving the teeth on the brake lever. Have not had an issue since, however, if i do have any more trouble with it I would replace with a carbon fiber cover most likely. Or a Rekluse

I went with a Hinson cover. Fit great, works great. It retails for about $200 but it's worth it.

Keep an eye for movement of your brake lever. Even w/ brake snake mine was getting tucked under pretty good.

I know that an aftermarket one would be better but i don't have 120 or so to shell out for a cover right now.

I know that an aftermarket one would be better but i don't have 120 or so to shell out for a cover right now.

Who does!! I did the apoxy after the first indentation. It lasted a while, but it really is only a temp fix.

Go with OEM for $$ savings, and put a layer of 5 min. apoxy over the area of concern. Its a little extra insurance.

I put a layer of apoxy on the left case because it was getting abused by my foot while shifiting. There's no hole, but it stops the ware. I run the shifter 1 notch above level.

What are you guys using as a replacement? Or does any one have a used one that they want to sell to me. Thanks

clutchcover2.jpg

clutchcover.jpg

I did almost the same thing to my 03 CRF450 this past saturday, but not quite as bad (very small crack). I JB welded till new stock cover comes in from The TT store.

It wasn't my break lever. When I crashed it hit a rock and broke. I have a new one on order. Should be in on friday.