Sign in to follow this  

Clutch cover damage (pictures)

Who does!! I did the apoxy after the first indentation. It lasted a while, but it really is only a temp fix.

Go with OEM for $$ savings, and put a layer of 5 min. apoxy over the area of concern. Its a little extra insurance.

I put a layer of apoxy on the left case because it was getting abused by my foot while shifiting. There's no hole, but it stops the ware. I run the shifter 1 notch above level.

Very true , who does!!!! :thumbsup:

I had the same thing happen to me. One of the guys from the board had has old one sitting around and hooked me up with it for not to much. With so many guys replacing them maybe one of them can hook you up with a great deal on his used one. :thumbsup:

I had the same thing happen to me. One of the guys from the board had has old one sitting around and hooked me up with it for not to much. With so many guys replacing them maybe one of them can hook you up with a great deal on his used one. :thumbsup:

I read your thread in some searching and that's what gave me the idea to post that question in my 1st post with the pictures. To no avail or because of my impatince I ordered a replacement aluminum one. Should be here by Monday.

Just a testimonial to the Hinson...

I laid my bike down on a 3' x 4' rock on Wednesday in the Mass trails (October Mtn). The The Hinson clutch cover was the only part touching the rock. In other words the Hinson cover was holding up the bike. All the weight was put on the cover and I road away with a few scratches on the cover.