Sign in to follow this  

Factory Rider, brand new bike every race?

I was discussing with a friend if the factory riders from the factory mx teams had or not brand new bikes every race.

Can someone clear that?

Thanks.

not sure, they usually do a complete lower, and topend rebuild of the engines every race, as for a totally new bike, I dont think so

Seems like a waste of time and money having all those bikes and parts and such. I think that they might rebuild them after every moto or a race but definately not a new bike.

no it's not a completely new bike...unless after a mud race because everything is so messed up. Usually from my understanding the bike is totally gone over and everything is checked for spec and then replaced when necessary. Tires, chain/sprokets, plastic, etc. are, but as for parts like the frame, handlebars, pegs, and other parts you would expect don't need replacement every ride they aren't replaced.

Same bike all year unless it needs to be changed. They do have a different bike for MX or SX.

Plastic and chain/sprockets replaced every race. I think they can get a few races out of a motor(4 stroke). If I was the factory teams, I would be selling all the old parts on ebay. How muck would somebody give for RC's old sprocket!? :thumbsup:

They don't get a "new" bike, they just rebuild the whole thing. A lot of the parts they take off they will store and use on their test bikes.