Sign in to follow this  

rm 125 as a trail bike

would this bike be ok for trails it does have an fmf gnarly pipe and a bills silencer also revalved suspension all for 1000 dollars

thanks and do you recommend anything performance wise for it because its about my budget range.

7 oz flywheel weight, 52 or 51 rear sprocket, is what i have done and love it.

They don't make Gnarlys for 125s, you problem mean a Fatty. 125s can make good trail bikes. I trail ride a majority of the time on my 125 and have no problems.

You didn't mention the year. I use my 04 on trails all the time. It works great, but I really need to get the forks revalved. The MX suspension is pretty harsh on trail bumps. I wouldn't bother with a pipe. Flywheel weight would be good, and a set of bark busters.

You didn't mention the year. I use my 04 on trails all the time. It works great, but I really need to get the forks revalved. The MX suspension is pretty harsh on trail bumps. I wouldn't bother with a pipe. Flywheel weight would be good, and a set of bark busters.

Definetely Bark busters, my 125 bent more levers than the rest of my bikes combined, strange though My 250 hasnt bent a single one. My rm125's bent like play-doh :thumbsup:

yeah it probably is a fatty ididnt pay to much attention. cool seems like everybody enjoys their 125s. sounds like new bike soon. oh its an 02

Bigger rear sprocket, flywheel weight, and maybe even a silencer with a sparkarrestor in it to calm down the toggle switch power hit. Id also adjust the power valve to come on later....

i have a 99 with a bunch of stuff done to it and its the bomb diggity. not so hott for the slow rollers who like to roll over everything (due to zero bottom end power) but its great on 'medium' level trails where i can keep it piped in 2nd or 3rd and skip over the top of alot of stuff. 2C