Sign in to follow this  

DRZ skid plate...best one?

There are many to choose from. It depends on what you want. I wanted the strongest one I could find and went with the Tonns 1/4 inch. Its heavy but really tough.

I installed a Tonns 3/16 guard. Very nice but noisy. I punched about 100 1/4" holes in it and now it's much better. Great protection.

I got one from the ThumperTalk store - no complaints, easy to fit and seems to do the job!

I got one from the ThumperTalk store - no complaints, easy to fit and seems to do the job!

Me too..White Bros. works great, good price, support TT. :ride:

Tonns is the next choice. :thumbsup:

Lloyd

I believe it's the Tonn's. I don't know that the 1/4 is necessary. The 3/16 seems plenty strong. I prefer the way it mounts and the coverage it provides to most of the other plates.

Tonn's 3/16 gives great coverage and is very beefy. I don't think it makes alot of noise either, nor does the 14 tooth CS Sprocket change. It is a motorcycle after all.

I purchased the TT skid plate but have not installed it yet. Riders that have it like it. :thumbsup:

I run the white brothers plate but the tonns looks awesome if you ride alot of rocks.

any mod these plates with holes? mine holds tons of mud. Lets see the pics and how much did it weaken it?

I run the white brothers plate but the tonns looks awesome if you ride alot of rocks.

any mod these plates with holes? mine holds tons of mud. Lets see the pics and how much did it weaken it?

You'll fill it with mud faster,catch it on rocks, roots and yes it will be weaker. You can fill it with high density foam.. to try and keep the mud out. But there is a reason they are called mud shovels.

I have the white brothers skid plate. Its strong and installed very easily. It does collect a little mud but once you get back in the deep water, its cleaned out again.... :thumbsup:

We've beem selling a lot of the ThumperTalk skid plate and absolutely zero complaints.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ThumperTalk_Skid_Plates_p/bp_tt_skid.htm

Zero complaints, but there was one valid criticism I've seen and I own a TT skid plate. That is that the mounting bolts are not recessed into the bottom of the plate, making them vulnerable to damage on rocks and therefore, potentially difficult to remove down the road. Other than this, it seems to be well built and it was super easy to install! Oh yeah, it was a good price too.