Sign in to follow this  

Stops rolling when kickstarting

When rolling down a slight grade, in neutral, engine off, when I try to kick start (not bump start) the bike, there is resistance at the back wheel and it stops rolling after about 4-5 kicks. What causes that?

&%$#@! are you talking about? why are you trying to roll and kick start it....

if you are talking about resistance in neutral that is normal, there is always rolling resistance on any bike, bearings etc

It's easier to kick any bike when your standing on the pegs, like when its on a stand. But if your bikes not on a stand haven't you ever just stood on the pegs while it coasts down a slight incline and kicked it over? I don't do it all the time but sometimes when I'm on a hill, I just stand on the pegs and while its coasting I kick. The thing is, lately when I do this I notice that the bike stops coasting directly in relation to the kickstarter being kicked. It's not the normal rolling resistance or hitting bumps or anything like that. It is directly due to the kickstarter movement. I was gonna kick it over on a stand to see if the rear wheel moves, but I have the top end apart to replace the piston and valve springs. When I get it back together I will check the clutch and see if the chain is adjusted too tight and binding when suspension is compressed. I called the peope who built the engine and they had not heard of this problem either.

Man juss kick it over standing still. if ur gonna roll it down a hill juss jump start it. don't ya think that wud be easier?oh and man i like the name. lol