Sign in to follow this  

went to the pitster dealer yesterday...

so i wne t to my local dealer yesterday and i checked out the 125x since that was the only thing they had. first of all it felt heavier than my xr100! the front end seamed very heavy and the rear shock was very stiff. i'm light at 125lbs. so that might be a factor. it did seem like good quality and i liked it for the most part. the guy must have kept it outside during some days because the plastic was all faded. he said he would sell it to me for 1900 but we could probably talk him down. also he said he could probaly give me 1000 for my xr100 in trade-in without seeing it and he would try to sell it for me the price i wanted.

should i just sell my xr100 and buy one from outlaw or try to talk him down. i will be stoping there again sometime this week so we can talk a little bit and maybe take it for a test ride :thumbsup:

$1900 for the 125x? That's way steep, you can get em for about $1400 from the right places. I tried to post the link but it won't let me post it here :thumbsup:

one more thing the rear brake seemed weak. i had to push the rear brake very far past the peg. the levers also felt very bulky i guess you could say and they didn't feel very good. every where i look they are always black plastic with red or blue rims. this one had red plastic (that turned a whitish pink from the sun) and had black exhaust tip and black rims.

Do they not sell this colorway anymore?

dude u can get an x2r at hobbyhut the local dealer here in pa for just over 2000 and he has a couple used ones when i say used ridden 3 times for 5 minutes each for about 1800 he sponsors my pitbike track here in south eastern pa, check em out and give him a call, he can def get u the 125x lots cheaper and make arrangment to meet or whatever. hes a cool dude man ask for mike. hobbyhut.com

The rear brake can be adjusted, takes maybe five minutes. Levers are different on all the china bikes, some are crap some aren't. My front brake feels fine, for the clutch I'm gonna run a big bike lever for more leverage= smoother feel.

Also take into consideration that his generous offer of $1000 on the trade-in of your '03 XR100 will go away once you start negotiating to pay anything less than the $1900 asking price...

so i wne t to my local dealer yesterday and i checked out the 125x since that was the only thing they had. first of all it felt heavier than my xr100! the front end seamed very heavy and the rear shock was very stiff. i'm light at 125lbs. so that might be a factor. it did seem like good quality and i liked it for the most part. the guy must have kept it outside during some days because the plastic was all faded. he said he would sell it to me for 1900 but we could probably talk him down. also he said he could probaly give me 1000 for my xr100 in trade-in without seeing it and he would try to sell it for me the price i wanted.

should i just sell my xr100 and buy one from outlaw or try to talk him down. i will be stoping there again sometime this week so we can talk a little bit and maybe take it for a test ride :thumbsup:

You can Buy a brand new Pitster Pro X2 Model for $1800.00 and a X2R Model for just over $2000.00 and thats shipped at most places