ttr90

I bought one for my 8 & 10 year old girls. They both had a blast going around the block on it. Waiting for it to cool a little before we head to the desert and really try it out. When I rode it (had to see if 2nd and 3rd worked), I was impressed. Much more snappy than the 110cc chinese quads they also ride. I decided on the TTR90 because it was a 4 stroke, no clutch and especially the estart. Hope that helps.

The little 90 is a rock solid little bike. My kid has pummeled his bike over the last few years and its still ticking.

And after they get used to it there are a handfull of cheap mods that you can do to give it a little more bark and keep it interesting for them.

Even though my boy has outgrown it (moved onto a CRF100) he still likes riding it. Its Like a little pit bike for him.

Only problems you will encounter is:

1. too many 3rd gear starts will cause the clutch to wear and the kickstarter to not grab (takes about a year of abuse). You will have to adjust the clutch from time to time (adjuster screw on lh side of motor) Kids dont realize what gear they are in and tend to do lots of 3rd gear starts. My 03 still has the stock clutch in it and is going strong.

2. If it starts to start bad and warm up takes forever the pilot jet is most likely plugged. happens all the time on that little bike. Easy fix though. Just lay the bike on the side with the gas off and take the float bowl off and remove the jet. Jam a small piece of wire in the pilot jet to clear it and its good to go again.

3. Top tripple clamp is made of peanut butter. It bends easily in a crash causing the bars to be all outta wack. I had a new one lazer cut outta 1/4" steel plate. He aint bending that sucker.

4. After about 2 years of abuse the valves may need to be adjusted. Mine did. It was running way rich. Valve adjustment fixed it for some reason. Super easy to do with basic handtools and a manual.

5. Stock shifter is junk. Moose makes a folding tip shifter. replace it. This is a must do.

6. I found that Moose Mini aluminum handguards and Cycra low profile shields work great on these little bikes. They give you a place to grab when picking them up off the ground or helping guide them. They also save the grips from ripping out ALL THE TIME and keep the twist throttle from getting full of dirt and crud. before I installed the handguards I was changing grips weekly and cleaning the throttle out every week. since the handguard install...Never.