Sign in to follow this  

Prospect

I went to Prospect today and had a good time. Most of the soil is an ash/pumice from when Crater Lake was formed. :ride: They usually have trail maps to help you out, but sometimes they run out. Today they had plenty, usually they are at stagging areas when you drive in. If you go with a group, play the 10 second rule (leave at 10 second increments) so you are not riding in the dust, then just stop at trail crossings. They only have a few trails that are motorcycle only but it's not too tough, just narrow with some off camber rocky sections and shale switch backs, but very doable. :thumbsup: They have it marked on a map like a ski area, green (easiest), blue (medium) and black (hardest) Over the 4th I took my quad and today I took the WR250F. If you guys want to go PM me, I'm always willing to go. I also have some pics to email. MD

21b9.jpg?grI8W6EB7j1WL_.a

46ad.jpg?grI8W6EB522RuiRz

Great pics thanx guys! Oregon Trail, sounds like u ride there alot, is there usually snow around mid Oct. ?

I ride there a lot also , i was there 2 weeks ago and it was dusty but the wind blew which made it a nice 10 min rule . I always try to make it back on the last weekend before it closes , last year it snowed and rained friday nite , saturday morning it was awesom absolutly no dust and blue sky , It was the best riding that we have done there yet !

I did take some pictures last time we were there so when i get time i`ll try to post them.

John

Anyone going to Prospect this weekend? :thumbsup:

No, i wish i could. if you want to meet there some time let me know .

John