Sign in to follow this  

What do you guys think?

I just bought a 2001 in July 2006 for $1200, that look similar to your's. I thought I paid a little too much. Mine didn't have any "extras".

Because my dad says he wont buy me another bike unless its a 2 stroke because thats what he had when he was growing up i no wierd but thats my pops and plus there fast as hell! so what does everyone else think about the selling price?

What kind of riding do you do? If you plan to race MX, then the CR125 would be fine. If your thing is recreational trail riding, consider the CRF150 or CRF230. If you keep up with the maintenance, these air cooled Honda four strokes will out last three or four two stroke engines.

no i am not gettin a 230 the smallest four stroke im gettin is a 250 because im 6'2 and 165 lbs and im about to be 15

no i am not gettin a 230 the smallest four stroke im gettin is a 250 because im 6'2 and 165 lbs and im about to be 15

Yes, you're a big lad, you could handle a bike the size of a CRF250. But then you're getting back into a maintenace intencive bike. For a low maintenance trail bike, the CRF230 would work great. Plus it's $2000 less then the 250. But if Dad's buying......LOL.

I was thinking 250x what is the matniece you have to do on it thats differnt from a 200?

I bought my 2001 XR200R in Feb or March for $1200. It was in nice shape w/ new tires and Big Gun exhaust. Good luck w/ your sale. Guy

I have a 2006 CRF250X and it's not that the maintenance is different, it's just more frequent. Then since this is a liquid cooled motor you have to replace the fluid from time to time. The motor for all practical purposes is a race engine which is nice because it does have allot of power. The down side is that if something breaks it's not going to be cheap to repair. If all of this sounds ok to you, then go for it. But if you want something with about the same amount of power and not have to do the extra work, try a XR400. I've been told that they are bullet proof.