Sign in to follow this  

has anyone met James Stewart?

I had to spend to weekend with family this weekend and my grandfathers brother came up from florida. Bubbas dad used to work for him. He met him when he was only about 3 or 4 years old, and when JS started racing his dad would bring the trophys to show him. He only lives about 20 minutes away from him and has saw his house and private track. He watched the millville race with me just to watch him race. Anyways I thought it was pretty cool that he met JS before he became famous and was making money.

So.... has anyone else met number 7 before?

i met james 4 years ago at the dallas sx. i was fortunate enough to get the pit pases that allow you in before the public. i saw james, his dad and his little brother sitting in thier pit area. i walked up and asked james for a picture and an autograph and he had no problem with it and was very cool.

I met James and Ricky one night at a Fox dealer appreciation dinner. They were both very nice and friendly. They seemed to get along well too. The next day I got the pleasure of riding a supercross track with James (Ricky was recovering from knee surgery) and if you think the guy is sick on TV you should see him when there's nothing on the line and he's just playing around. The thing that impressed me the most about James was he said "I brought 10 gallons of gas and I'm not leaving until it's all gone". He even took some laps on the Hare Scramble course.

I met James and Ricky one night at a Fox dealer appreci They were both very nice and friendly. They seemed to get along well too. The thing that impressed me the most about James was he said "I brought 10 gallons of gas and I'm not leaving until it's all gone".

Yeah, that is what I keep telling people on here, James and RC have a lot of time for each. Racing is racing, but they respect each other. Also the hard work ethic is what differentiates them from the average joe, natural talent is there ofcourse.

Yeah, that is what I keep telling people on here, James and RC have a lot of time for each. Racing is racing, but they respect each other. Also the hard work ethic is what differentiates them from the average joe, natural talent is there ofcourse.

Thats what I can't understand. Some guys think James rides way over the limit and because of that they say he's an idiot or a punk, and they wonder why he can't be more like Ricky. Now if they both respect each other, that goes to show how picky and judgmental some of us can be.

I have great respect for all the pro riders, I would sure like too meet any of them.

I second that one. When I was @ Washougal, I would make it a point to be "normal" and say "Hi" to any of them ( That I recognized ) and ALL OF THEM were very nice and "human". What I mean by that is, some racers are cocky and act like they don't have time to stop for a second to aknowledge your salutations to them.

I admit, I was a nervous wreck when I met James here before the Seattle SX, but I know he's shy and so am I.

I recieved a personal invite from Beeker to meet James and hang out at the semi the next time I can get to a race. That... is COOL.

Here's my son and JS, it was just the autograph signing.

467458762_l.jpg

ya everything everyone said is sick. thats whats cool about mx. you can be at a track on a weekend and there is top pros there practicing with you. IE Hamblin this weekend at chuaila creek mx. what other sport does that happen?

Just before the Colorado National, I met a diesel pusher motorhome on I-70 that said Stewart and "7" on the side and rear, does that count? This was in Kansas and it was westbound.

My cousin met him at a track in Florida a few years ago. Cuz said that James was "cool as hell" and very normal to talk to. Cuz also said the things James could do on a motorcycle were unreal. Cuz is a very talented rider.

My son and I saw him @ Broome 2 weeks after he landed on RC @ Unadilla, and my boy asked him how his head felt. (he took a nasty tumble and was out for a bit). He chuckled, and give him a glove! Very cool. Then he crashed hard right in front of us on the huge down hill...

I haven’t met JS yet, but I did make J-law crack-up at the Seattle supercross last year, he was just walking though the pits with some buddys and he walked past me and I i yelled " j-law?, J laws faster then panty’s coming off at prom night" and then he laughed.

Never met any pro rider. But I like JS from what I have seen

on the speed televised races. He seems like he really wants

to excell, to be the best no matter what. Yet at the same time

he seems to respect the other riders on the track. I have not

seen him ride dirty. Just seems like a nice guy and a good

example to young riders and fans.

yea i did at loretta lynns when he was watchin his little bro race

he was kinda laid back at first but somethin happened and he just

got to be a complete *******

but i really didnt blame him so i really cant complain

i still got to meet the champ

I met him here in Salt Lake. I believe he was 16 years old. DV12 introduced me.

Nice kid..friendly and decent.

The nicest rider I met that night...Eric Sorby tied with Tyler Evans...no joke.

DV12 was in a class of his own as far as friendly and nice went.

HINT>>>>>To meet as many riders as possible, take a young kid with two broken arms to the supercross. Its better than having Erin Bates's boobs..which I also met.

he use to be my hero until he went blue.......what a tard...........why the blue bike? i hope it blows up on him and he loses every race.......either that or KW stuffs that #7 yamacrap in a corner:worthy: :D

No such thing... There are those that focus, work hard and perform. There is no "racing gene" that anyone is born with.

Show me a guy with lots of natural talent that does not win and I will show you a guy with not enough talent.

I met JS at Mosier valley (near Dallas TX). I was racing novice then and he was intermediate. Even at that time they had the rig roped off. I am sorry to say, but some people think alot of the top name pro's are hero's, etc.

They still bleed red and breath the same air we do. Therefore, they are no better than you and I, just faster.

BTW: JS was very rude to my wife and I at supercross. I hope RV parks him this year.