Sign in to follow this  

CRF 250R Suspension Setting Recommendations

Hi,

What settings do you guys recommend for this bike? I'm 6 foot, 155 lbs and would prob. consider myself a beginner since I am not as quick in the turns as the junior and intermidiate riders.

Thanks

JP- it really depends on the terrain you are riding where you set your clickers. I can give you an idea of where to start, assuming that your bike's suspension is still stock. This is what I have had good luck with on hard/intermediate terrain tracks-

Forks- compression (top) 12-14 clicks out from all the way in

rebound 4-7 clicks out

Shock- h/s compression (nut at the top of shock reservoir- red) 2 1/2 turns out from all the way in

l/s compression (screw in center of that nut) 12-14 clicks out

rebound (on clevice at bottom of shock) 6-8 turns out

sag- try it at 102 mm, but check the free sag; shouldn't exceed 30-35mm. If it does, you need a lighter spring.

This should give you an idea- try it out, and don't be afraid to experiment with settings. Go to www.mx-tech.com or www.mcxtreme.com/suspension and print off the sheets for suspension adjustment- take them to the track with you, and adjust accordingly.

Good luck!

Adam

ferg571,

Thanks for taking the time to write. The suspension is stock but the terrain I ride is sandy/intermidiate. I will try your settings out and play with the clickers.

Also, by all the way in, you mean fully clockwise?

Thanks

JP

jp-

yes, I mean fully clockwise. If the terrain is sand, then you would need to go in (clockwise) on compression 3-4 clicks, and rebound 1-2. But by sand, I mean like Gopher Dunes-y kinda stuff, you know?

Adam

Def. not as sandy as Gopher Dunes. I will try your setting out tomorrow and let you know how they are.

JP

jp-

yes, I mean fully clockwise. If the terrain is sand, then you would need to go in (clockwise) on compression 3-4 clicks, and rebound 1-2. But by sand, I mean like Gopher Dunes-y kinda stuff, you know?

Adam

What are you 180 pounders running for oil height? I am at 380cc and am thinking about a tad more for the last bit of travel and maybe softening the compression 2 clicks. :thumbsup: