Sign in to follow this  

what oil should i use?

i use to have a 06 kx450f and moved down to a 05 kx250f and the owners manual recommended the castrol r4 superbike oil for the 450...what kind of oil am i suppose to use for the 05 kx250f??? thanx

Have a question? Use our Search feature (top right) before asking. Our archives are huge and most likely it's already been discussed at length.

maxima maxum 4 EXTRA, no top end or clutch problems.

finally i thought everyone here shopped at wal-mart for their dirt bikes. the number one problem with automotive oils are that they glaze the clutch discs over and then you have clutch slippage. i run bel-ray thumper or maxima maxum4 whichever one my dealer has.

thanks for the help guys, anyone have any suggestions for weight and viscosity for south florida weather?

my only question since the oil question has been awnsered. is why did you go from an 06 to and 05 and what oil did you use in that bike.. its the same engine basicly, use the same oil..

once again what was with the downgrade in bikes?

the oil the manual recommended for the kx450 was castrol superbike r4 oil. the reason for the down grade was that i think maybe the 450 was a bit much for me so i decided to get the 250f to work more on being as fast as i can be on it and when i win my first A class race i will move onto a 450. at that point in time...which is probably a long time from now...lol. and i got the 05 kx250f instead of the 06 because i didnt have enough this time around for the 06 and i got this 05 for a huge steal, so i thought it was way worth it and there isnt a huge difference between the 05 and 06 that would make the 06 a second or two faster than the 05...

yea the 06 has the aluminum frame and better radiators and suspension but there isnt a world of difference on it...ya know.

I'm sorrry I throught you went from on 06 kx250f to an 05kx250f... sorry mmy missunderstanding..

yeah the rotella seems to be a good oil. I'm not 100% convinced but i've been using it with not problems.. so who knows..