Sign in to follow this  

Dumping 250X for new 06 525 EXC

Ya I know, you have seen this before, Im ready to dump my 250X for a big bore, it's been a long time since I rode a dirt bike so I figured the CRF250X would keep me happy, well it did till my memory and riding skills came back to me, I admit I have made a mistake, but after being out of dirt biking for 30 years I realized Im not a kid anymore, Im 6' 4" 210 lbs and in healthy condition, I havent had a speeding or any other kind of ticket in my car and I drive sane BUT I need a vice, a ballistic missile, everybody has a vice of some kind, the 525 is a heavier bike and alot more powerful, and Im willing to learn, what kind of learning curve did you people experiance making a large jump like this.

You'l learn to smile - all the time - nothing like the power of a big bore - my buddy has a ktm 520 - however i have a crf450x - not much differrent - i find my x is a rocket wheelie machine !!!!

There actualy easy to ride to because the power delivery is smooth.

Anyways - good luck !!

You'l learn to smile - all the time - nothing like the power of a big bore - my buddy has a ktm 520 - however i have a crf450x - not much differrent - i find my x is a rocket wheelie machine !!!!

There actualy easy to ride to because the power delivery is smooth.

Anyways - good luck !!

The 525 is easy to ride. You will be glad you made the switch. It handles much better than the early 520's handled. It's a dream to ride fast.

You'll learn that all the low end torque makes it easy to ride in the tight technical stuff, and the mid-range hit will make you grin like the Cheshire cat when the trail opens up! I weigh 205, and it works perfect for me. However, you will need to swap out the rear spring ( at a minimum ) to get the correct sag.