Sign in to follow this  

Burned- another question

Hey Ed, I'm back( in Iowa) from taylor park and I am back on the S to E carb switch that I asked some things about last week. My next question is that I have the FCR carb and the S air intake boot adapter from SUDCO,but on the S there is a vacuum line that is on the S carb but the adapter does not have a place for the line. It goes to the coast enricher ,I think. do you just do away with this line(plug it?) or is there somethiing that I need to do with it? Thanks Ed Jim S

I know Ive seen it on the forum somewhere, but do I just get a coupler and tie the lines together when I take the coast enricher off?

Thanks Ed, After I asked ,I went searching and found a post on it that you had a link to a pic but it wouldnt come up on my comp. ,but I think I got it covered. Do I just get the new jet from sudco ,or is there a better place ?A 100 you say? Thanks , Jim S This bike has the 3x3 a Q series FMF uni filter

ed I looked on the Sudco Carb Diagrahm and I think the 100 pilot air jet is listed as Main Air Jet #103 on the diagrahm Part #99101-393-100. Does that sound like the one . I could not find one listed as a Pilot Air Jet. Thanks again ,Jim S

ed, when I called Sudco ,Chad said There ain't no way on the 100 main air (#99101-393-100)So I told him I'ld look again. in the mean time I looked at the exploded view on the sudco site ,and found that they had listed both the main air jet and the slow air jet as the same no. on the parts list.(99101-393-xxx) I called chad at Sudco and told them. so we ( I ) didn't look like a total fool. The carb I have has a 60 for a slow air and a 200 for a main air. could you explain to me how going to a 100 (bigger) slow air jet works better when getting rid of the choke enricher, wouldn't that alone make it run leaner on decel?

the coast enrichner it self has its own air jet.when you eliminate it you have to compensate with a larger pilot air jet.

it would be way to rich with the 60.

your just making it like the FCR cabrs that are not originally equipped with the CE.

they have direct relationship.

with a 48 pilot jet you need a 100 pilot air jet.

with a 38 pilot jet you need a 75 pilot air jet.