Sign in to follow this  

FMF Q or Q2

Does anyone one know first hand the difference in the sound level between the two ? I know the Q2 is a pound lighter anything else ?

I just can't bring myself to buy the Q2 with that ugly tan can on it. :thumbsup:

I wish they offer it in an aluminum color.

THe FMF site says the Q2 puts out 93DB. Ok fine but they don't say what the origional Q put out. So yeh ok, how we gonna compare? :ride:

I can tell you though that on my DR650 the origional Q has a quiet note for casual riding but when I get on it it can be quite loud. I kind of prefer the "faucet or spicket" end cap as they call it. Check out my garage to see how it looks on the bike. :thumbsup:

Mike.

PS-I know this question is coming...the Q-pipe is exactly 7lbs. lighter than the stock pipe. I weighed them both when I made the swap.

I think the only difference is the Q2 has a titanium end cap. DB's the same. I have the Q2.

I don't like loud to much. But it is not to bad. Like Mike said it is a little loud when you let off the throttle and when you get on it. But when cruising you can't really hear it.

It has a good note to it though. And can feel the weight loss and power gain.

Thanks guys,

I was hoping that maybe someone had one style and had a buddy with the other for a comparison. Anyhow, I agree there's probibly not much difference other than the end cap style.