Sign in to follow this  

has any one used...

castrol super clean to clean their bike? my wife went to walmart to get some stuff for herself an I asked her to pick up some simple green. she comes home with castrol super clean. said some women told her it was better than simple green. and she uses it all the time at home. so i'm like, why could you not just get what i asked for? in a very sarcastic way i said, i'm sure this woman cleans her bike all the time with it. long story short, :thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

The stuff does clean alot better then simple green in my opinion.BUT I used it on my bike for the first time last year and it left stains on all the aluminum, Swingarm, Pipe, Fork tubes. I used brillo pads to get rid of the spots now. I thought I would warn you.

Never used it. Dealer said it stains, pits aluminum, etc. MANY others swear by it and that is all they use.

Once I was sent to the grocery store to get tomato sauce but I got tomato paste instead... don't be too hard on her.

It is much more harsh then Simple Green. It cleans plastic and white boots wonderfully but etches aluminum.

Superclean works great as long as you dont let it sit too long, if you keep the aluminum wet and dont let it dry superclean will work on aluminum. Dont spray it on a dry bike!

If its strong enough to attack the aluminum, then I definitely wouldn't spray it on my bike!

Nah, never used it. My work sells this stuff though, I forget what it's called...but its spray to clean you're bikes.

Back around 2000 or so, a buddy of mine used the Castrol Super Clean on his Honda CR125 and all of the aluminum turned black or had black streaks in it. It looked so bad and he had a heck of a time trying to clean it off that he ended up selling the bike. That is the only experience I know of. I always use and suggest Simple green diluted and it works great! Don't let it sit too long and dry on the aluminum though.... it can change the anodizing appearance.

:thumbsup: Wow!! :ride: That was my 145th post (hence the similarity with my login). Been a member since 2004.... guess I'm not a post whore or I don't know anything about motordirtcycling.