Sign in to follow this  

Got the CRF50 top end installed with the DrATV race cam

As the title says, I bolted on the CRF50 top end. So now I have a ZRF50. Anyway the install was easy and quick. Maybe an hour and a half. The hardest part was getting the exhaust back on. I think I may be bent a little because the heat shield gets in the way of the bolt that go to the head and I had to dremel out a bit of my frame to get the mount next to the airbox to fit. Anyway I got it. I used the same cylinder, just honed it again with my ball end hone. Not the cheap windshield wiper looking things. I made a time lapse movie but I'm working on editing it so right now it's just a folder with 492 pictures. Anyway, it sound a bit like a diesel. (pinging or claniking kind of sound. I don't think anything is wrong just different. Correct me you guys think otherwise. I'll get a video of the bike up in a while also. I got all new gaskets everywhere. The power is most noticable under acceleration. A couple of weelies were *accidentally* pulled starting out at traffic lights. I can now get up hills in third gear at low revs. I like it a lot. It revs through the gears faster but my dad won't let me get taller gearing so that sucks. The valves wer adjusted with a Safeway Select soda can so later this week I'll stop by my grandad's house and get feeler gauges and the compression tester. I'm going to do some carburetor tuning tomorrow and try taking out the choke again. Maybe I'll get it to work right with the new cam and top end. If you need pictures just wait for the time lapse. Then you can stop it wherever you want. If you want specifics, ask I can take pictures of the outside of the new top end but any pictures of my old head and piston.

Did you use the stock valve springs?

If so I would say you should get the dratv springs to go with the race cam.

With three heads that I have put the dratv race cam in the cam has to much lift for the stock springs.

Just some info you should have

Wel if anyone gives them to me I'll take them. But I don't have the tools, or the money to buy tools, to take apart the valves. What will happen to my stock springs if I don't swap them out?

Here's the movie. I can e-mail a larger hi-res version if anyone wants it (17megs). It's too big for Photobucket. The hi-res version has no weird music, however.

th_TERB1.jpg

Not for me. I just clicked it. Maybe your connection is slow and the movie won't load.

nah my connection isnt slow cuz my dad owns the cable company that supplies our internet service and we have one of the fastest connections on the market today