Sign in to follow this  

Seat Covers...

Piss me off so bad. I bought the all black seat cover from FLU, its one piece of material, and pretty hard to put on. The material near the top of the seat (where the seat starts to dip) wont stay down, and theres about 2 creases that stick up. Its pissing me off so bad, anyone have any techniques of getting this damn thing on? I would search, but it's never working.

You have to start the cover from the front of the seat and work it towards the back. Keep pulling the cover tight on both sides evenly and go one staple at a time. The biggest thing is patience!! Take your time and don't get frustrated. If you get a wrinkle starting, just pull a staple out and tighten cover some more.

Oops, I started from the back, and worked up to the front... Shit.

Go take it to an upholstery shop. They charged me $18 for it. I tried doing it myself and what a PITA!

Thats what I was thinking... Only 18 bucks? How long did it take em to do it, and how good did it turn out?

Just do it yourself :thumbsup: It's really not that hard if you start the cover from the front!

It seems too loose when I start from the front, for some reason... Thats why I started from the back.

It seems too loose when I start from the front, for some reason... Thats why I started from the back.

Thats why you need to pull the cover tight! If it won't go on from the front, with you stretching the cover tight, then somethings wrong with that cover.

It was only 20 bucks, which is leading me to think its a cheaply made seat cover... one piece of material, too. It should still fit, though, if they're selling it.

I had the same cover, try this.

Slip it on the front and put a staple in, then pull the back so there is a bit of tension, put a staple in the middle in the back. Then pull down each side and put a staple on each side. Now you can work down from the front to the middle. Once you have that remove the staples you 1st put in the middle and work towards the back. Finally finish up the back. It might take a couple tries but you will see what I mean with the tension.

What make is the seat cover? or is it just a hunk of material that your trying to stretch over the seat?

Yeah, 20 dollar FLU off of motosport.com. I havent had any problems with FLU, their graphics fit great, but this seat cover is getting me pretty pissed...

Yeah $18. I don't remember how long it took I think like a day or something. The guy did a great job too that thing is on there sooo tight. Not one wrinkle and all the staples are in good and he cut off all the excess material all nice for me. Can't beat the price :thumbsup:

Sounds good... I might just do that. Thanks for all the advice!

I had the same cover, try this.

Slip it on the front and put a staple in, then pull the back so there is a bit of tension, put a staple in the middle in the back. Then pull down each side and put a staple on each side. Now you can work down from the front to the middle. Once you have that remove the staples you 1st put in the middle and work towards the back. Finally finish up the back. It might take a couple tries but you will see what I mean with the tension.

Thats how I do it. I have done 4 or 5 seat covers, and they look perfect every time. One of those covers is a flu, and personally I like the FLU more than any of the other covers I have done. The two most importan parts is to have good front to back tension at first, then when you work the sides, you need to pull tight, especially when you get to the dip at the center of the seat. good luck

Staple the cover on at the front and back, then warm it up with a heat gun(so that it stretches more) and stretch and staple the middle section down(both sides). Then, keep using the heat gun to get the rest of the seat done. I think TransworldMX did an article ages ago.