Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400s carb setting problem/help

I have done plenty to the bike but my drz400S just seems very week on the top end WOT and has some high RPM constant throttle hesitation/missing. Bike starts and idles well with no bogs anywhere.

My current configuration is 3x3, DJ with 142.5/25, 3 turns out on screw, and third on the clip if I remeber right. Yosh RS3 with TEC IN. Athena Big Bore 94mm 12.3 compression piston. Hotcam stage 1 intake and exhaust. Currently at sea level and hot here in florida.

Without getting the bike dyno'd is there anyone that know what I may do to help/try.

thanks for any help

Ok took cover off per eddie's direction and I thought it pull harder to limiter. I could still get some very minor hesitation from it at the very top end of the rpms but I thought it was better with the cover OFF.

Should I try to go the other direction with reducing my 3x3 hole to see what it does?

BTW max indicated is 83 MPH with cover on. Didn't get a chance to try it cover off. Does this seem right with all the mods? I weigh 225.

thanks for the help

Covered about 1/3 to 1/2 with tape and the hesitation is gone. I think there is a little more top end too. Got to 87 indicated. So I need to go down one on the Main Jet. Currently set to 142.5 I am guessing 140? or 138?

I take that back. Looks like I need more fuel because I taped off some of the air? So looks like I need 145?

thanks,

matt