Anyone know why wrooster left?

I wonder the same thing. And what happened to 250thumpher?

yeah, I wondered that too. I never got to meet him. But I know he only lives like 2 hours away.

Actually now that I think of it. I think he got mad about all the fighting that was going on at one time, and probably just got bored of it.

Guess what, this is my last day on TT. It is just sssssoooooo boring now.

JK. ? But if I left would you guys ever care? Not that I am stupid enough to leave, but would you guys care?

Well, I have to go get ready for my first day as a freshmen tomorrow.

There's two sayings regarding "stupid questions"

One is "The only stupid question is the the one that has not been asked"

The other is "The only stupid question is the the one that has already been answered"

Jim was answering a LOT of stupid questions, and he was under attack by a couple of members who felt that he really didn't know what he was talking about (despite the fact that his WR lasted well over 4,000 hard miles before needing it's first valve adjustment).

Review his posting history. 75% of his posts for his last 6 months were answering questions with links to existing threads where the question had already been answered.

(I think this will work) https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1791605

He had taken "Vacations" before, and cited similar reasons, but always returned. Last time he returned, he said that it was much less stressful in his life limiting himself to one post in one thread per day.

As with any "addiction", he was back up to 3 or 4 posts within a week.

Can't blame him... the only thing that slows me down on a forum is when another hobby (thus, forum) moves in.

i think he comes in here and looks around every now and then, but it says hes been offline for like a year now. i hope whatever he does in life works out for him, cuase, from what i've read and the few times i got to chat with him, gave me the impression he was a hell of a guy. it upset me that many people said i was the reason he left, i sure hope that is not the case.

any time, if you wanna come back gray i'm sure we'd welcome you with open arms, bud ?

if you read this, ride hard, have fun and stay heathly :ride:

You can't say that he didn't add a certain "personality" to the forum, either. ? There were those who would have liked to take him down a notch, but Jim was very rarely far from right, and could hold his own on the merits of his argument in any debate.

There are a lot of speculative rumors; some of the mods didn't like him, too many shootouts in the Town Hall and got to be one warning away from a ban, got tired of the 14 year-olds (of all ages)....one rumor was that he bought a KTM. All of these are totally unsubstantiated.

Myself, I have no idea. It might seem a little quaint to say that he left a void, but he definitely had a presence while he was here. He popped in last Christmas, did you know?

Not exactly, but it was kind of a drive-by. I had linked to a picture in his public directory, and he "tagged" it with a Christmas message.

I remember that.

He has since tightened up his public directory. Everything is still there if you follow the old links, but the raw listing hasn't been available for quite some time.

I was doing some searches and I read a post of his in another forum - a rifle forum I think? :ride: Not sure how I ended up there since I don't own a rifle :applause: He went by a different handle but he had pics of his WR in that forum on a related/riding/dirt bike thread, that's how I knew it was Jim. Looks like he still has his WR, this was only a couple of months ago. At least I know that he's doing fine still ?

I haven't been on TT for a while now, maybe six months. I'm killing some time between classes and can't believe people are still talking about Wrooster. He was great to have around and answered alot of my questions when I was new to the sport.

Those were the good old days when TT's homepage was black with pictures of your respective bike leading you to the forums. If only kids would ride dirt bikes instead of playing on the internet in their basements pretending to be the next McGrath, Hannah or Decoster in their posts.