Sign in to follow this  

Jetting adjustment..

My 01 426 is burbling at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle opening ..then she takes off like a raped ape..My fuel air screw is like a 1/2 turn to 3/4 turn out ...it runs best there..but not perfect..

So by running it there im leaning the mixture out..That tells me I am probably rich..should I drop the needle...or get a size smaller pilot..When I open her up she screams..so my main is good...no..??

Thanks in advance for any replies..Im used to just reading the plug on my 2 smoke..This is just a little different...Or am I making it more complex than it is..??

The main is 165...I did the bk mod when I first got the bike and re jetted it then...Its been running fine...but I didnt rejet for summer and the Humidity in Arizona during the monsoon season..The bike was bone stock and purchased in Arizona...So as for the pilot whatever yammie was putting in there...I never checked...never had to till now..Im at about 2000 elevation..

Thanks Ill give that a try...I ride a lot of tight singletrack and never really get the bike opened up...Today I opened it up on some long wide straights and could really feel it..

I checked the plug..black and sooty....I raised the needle to the third position..she runs great , no stumble at the bottom...The bike idles fine..In fact Im puzzled by the non responsiveness of the air fuel mixture screw...The bike runs with it closed..and starts to stumble around 2 turns out..I opened it 1 1/2 turns out..and left it ...Idles fine..runs great through out the throttle range..Should the air screw be more responsive..??Im assuming the pilot is a #42..

I checked the plug..black and sooty....I raised the needle to the third position..she runs great , no stumble at the bottom...The bike idles fine..In fact Im puzzled by the non responsiveness of the air fuel mixture screw...The bike runs with it closed..and starts to stumble around 2 turns out..I opened it 1 1/2 turns out..and left it ...Idles fine..runs great through out the throttle range..Should the air screw be more responsive..??Im assuming the pilot is a #42..

Sounds like pilot jet is to big,if it runs with mixture screw closed.

Just wondering if you took the advice and dropped the size of your Pilot Jet?