Sign in to follow this  

Air Filter

The UNI filter with the high flow cage is a nice filter for the price and the one I prefer. I would steer clear of the K&N unless it is for street use.

The UNI filter with the high flow cage is a nice filter for the price and the one I prefer. I would steer clear of the K&N unless it is for street use.
:thumbsup: amen

I was given 2 K&N filters when I bought my 400...anybody know if they "breathe" a little to much for fine desert type dust?

I think everyone will agree on here that a foam will be better. Why not chance it for $30 for an UNI.

K&N's are known for allowing the fine dust to pass through. Good high flow street filter though.

Just get the UNI air filter. Then pull out the snorkel. Then you should de-restrict your exhaust by getting a new pipe, or by getting a ThumperRacing or BajaDesigns free-flow baffle (much cheaper than a new pipe). Then you'll need to rejet in order to see maximum power gain from all those changes.

You'll be very surprised with the extra power if you do all that.

Typically 58 or 60 and 160 unless you are in the higher elevations for your 400. See the Gordons mods sticky post at the top of the forums.