Sign in to follow this  

Crap in my oil

Well I replaced my flywheel, stator and case side since a small dent in the case caused he stator to rub the flywheel in my 03 DRZ400s. I also put a Tonns skid plate on it, sometimes you learn the hard way! My charging system is now working fine and the bike runs good but I did a couple oil changes and every time I drain the crankcase oil I get a bunch of small particals of crap. They are very hard but I'm not sure if they are metal or what, they don't seem to stick to the magnetic drain plug. Anyway, I have been busy with home improvements but I don't intend to do much riding because there must be something wrong and I don't want to kill my bike! Any idea's as to what these particals are and what I should do? Thanks!

Alan

I don't know? Is it normal to see clutch fibers in the crank oil? After running it for 50 miles it seems I get 25 to 50 small chips in the crankcase oil.

Thanks,

Alan

Keep in mind that the oil lubes the clutch as well as the motor. This is why people advise such frequent oil changes. As far as what your seeing? if they are very small fiber like particals I would guess they are coming from your fiber plates. If the particals are more like chunks and are pretty good size I would suggest posting a picture.

It is also normal to see a "small" amount of metal when you drain your oil as the gears and such will shed a little meat over time.....

could be bits of the old case side.

If he didn't do a good job of cleaning it out he could be seeing them for a while.