Sign in to follow this  

New toys

Got my 2006 KX250F this weekend. Has a pro-circuit motor in it and a couple of other knick knacks on it. only had 15 minutes on it from Pro circuit and picked it up for $5500

also picked up a 2006 KLX for my girlfriend. She has never ridden before and great bike for her.

Went to Hardrock this weekend, man I'm getting old. Arm pump, hands hurt and could only do a couple laps on the track at a time, it has been 5 yrs sonce I've ridden.

Girlfriend did awesome.

179777601.jpg

nice bikes, is that an energy drink collection on the wall?

i seams like girlfriend's get screwed out of the deal like u get a 450 and she gets a 110 but u guys ride wut eva u want

i seams like girlfriend's get screwed out of the deal like u get a 450 and she gets a 110 but u guys ride wut eva u want
\

getting a first timer a 450 race bike isnt the kind of bike a beginner would have fun on plus it might be dangerous for her. The idea is that you get an easy to ride bike so you learn the basics shifting cornering etc. then you get a bigger more powerful bike when you have more experience. And I dont think shes getting screwed I mean she just got a new bikewhich she will probably have a blast on.

Thanks on the thumbs up on the deal, I found a guy that rides for Team Kawa and he sells his bikes at the end of the year. He had three left and this one was the newest.

On the girlfriend, she didn't get screwed. She agrees on learning on the 4 stroke first and she is happy she did. She is doing awesome and as soon as she is comfortable we are going to sell it and move her up. I think she will be a much better rider because of it, probably better then me in no time. I wegh about 210lbs and my first bike was a YZ426, I was talked into because of my weight, man I hated it having no experience. This way she was able to stick to about the same speed with the quick response of the 2 stroker and learn all the body positioning, she is going to go nuts when she jumps on a lighter, leaner, and better susp bike.

Would love to eventually get her on a 250 four stroker, lower the susp, cut out the seat, need to get it low enough for a 5'1" rider. Who knows maybe by then they'll come out with a smaller MX four stroke

oh yea, it is a beer can collection on the wall. Started it like when I was 10yrs old, no I didn't start drinking at 10. Funny thing is I hardly drink.