Honda CBR 600RR

I dont but I have a lot of friends that do. Im not going to say any thing cause I dont own one myself. But the only thing I can really tell you about the cbr 600rr is that the seat is a wooden plank. But your not supposed to be sitting on the seat your supposed to be hanging off the seat in the twistes.o ya my friends all like theirs.

What do you sugest starting with?

I never rode a sport bike before and I always wanted a R1 but at least I can say I`m responsible.

I was considering a R6 or the CBR 600RR.

Any help would be great.

ps: money is an issue, I have only 4, 5k max to spend so it must be used. What year should I get with bugs free?

Thanks in advance.

What do you sugest starting with?

I never rode a sport bike before and I always wanted a R1 but at least I can say I`m responsible.

I was considering a R6 or the CBR 600RR.

Any help would be great.

ps: money is an issue, I have only 4, 5k max to spend so it must be used. What year should I get with bugs free?

Thanks in advance.

Suzuki SV 650..great bike for what it is ?

My friend has one and i cannot find ONE thing to complain about! I'm 17 years old, been riding since i was 4 on dirt, hopped on this 600 for the first time riding street, i adapted to the bike within 30 minutes... But maybe thats just me?? Anyway IMO its a great bike.

• Like 1

My friend has one and i cannot find ONE thing to complain about! I'm 17 years old, been riding since i was 4 on dirt, hopped on this 600 for the first time riding street, i adapted to the bike within 30 minutes... But maybe thats just me?? Anyway IMO its a great bike.

did you ride in the rain? in heavy traffic? on roads that might have dirt or gravel accidently spread across? going in a straight line with a few turns is easy.

some people do adapt quick. but u need to be more and more careful.

Well yes to the heavy traffic, but if you're an experienced rider, you'd know to take 200% caution riding in wet weather, and i guess use your best judgement if there will be dirt or gravel on the road ahead. My friend (on his 600 that i rode) went down on Skyline going 105mph because of gravel, so i know it happens. Luckily a dirt wall saved him and he walked away with a scratch on his elbow and $600 body damage.

SV 650 is very nice bike will be easier to ride then 600 supersport type bike and will still go PLENTY fast to scare and entertain. I have had 900's 450's and ride street and dirt. I had a friend with an SV 650 and it was running strong with 100,000 miles on it when he bought new bike

I've owned both an 03 600rr and an 04 1000rr. The 600rr was my first bike, never even really rode dirt before that. I had no issues at all, but I was 30 years old and intelligent. As for the bike, it is great but you really can't go wrong with any brand. Just pick the one that you think is purty and go for it. As far as what you should start on, you can kill yourself just as fast on an sv650 as you can on a 1000rr. Any of these bikes will go as fast or as slow as you want, it's all in the right wrist. I have some friends that should not ride on 2 wheels period, mopeds included, and others that could jump on with no experience and be fine. Which one are you?

the 600rr will be fun... the sv650 will leave you wanting more power...

the 600 is a bit lighter i believe but dont quote me on that one ?

I have heard the rear shock on the sv650 is replaced quite often with aftermarket (sometimes you can get a GSXR one to fit with proper dogbone and collar) since there is only so much adjustability

For street riding consider the previous generation F4i over the RR. They're still available and are way more comfortable and fun to ride on the street then the RR and still extremely high performance and track worthy...being basically the bike Honda has one all it's supersport titles with.

My $.02. Regarding the Honda specifically, it is reliable and reasonably fast. It has the worst seat in the world and a tall seat height. It is heavier than some of the others. Personally I think Gixxers are by far the best supersport bikes when you look at everything.(parts availability, cost, ease of maintenance, modifying,etc) As far as it being the first bike. It is 150% rider dependent. I am a road racing and trackday instructor and there are people I would not recommend to get a moped. My girlfriend started on my heavily modified GSXR 600 ex race bike and in two years has not so much as fallen over.

For street riding consider the previous generation F4i over the RR. They're still available and are way more comfortable and fun to ride on the street then the RR and still extremely high performance and track worthy...being basically the bike Honda has one all it's supersport titles with.

^I agree If you have your heart set on the honda 600 I would look into the f4i aswell. Also you can find some good deals on f4i's.

As for a website to check out. I say sportbikes.net