Sign in to follow this  

19" Rear tire?

So Im going to get a set of 17" wheels from East Coast Wheels sometime in the future (hopefully near). But right now I want to find some tires to put on my bike for the time being. Does anyone know of a good 19" rear tire. Something not too narrow. I think Im looking for a 130 or something around there.

Thanks for the help!

If you want to run the sportsman class -

Use a dirt track rear tire Maxxis or Dunlop

For the front just run a soft street tire - again - Maxxis has a decent tire.

Or Mitas offers slicks for the stock rims -

Contact Jerry in parts @ Huntington Honda - he has been importing them

hphonda.com 714-842-5533

Just tell him SuperMoto Racer Mag send you

Thanks for the info! Will a 140 tire fit on my stock rim?

Check the tire maker's web sites. Lots of them have specs on what rims the tires fit.

I looked into this as I was considering a motocross 19 inch wheel just for the rim to fit on the front of a cheapie motard conversion for my DR350. The motocross 19's are quite narrow and the widest tire I could find that was recomended for that width was a 110. Trying to wedge on much more than a 120 will just result in the tire being oddly shaped.

Also you may want to do a search on East Coast over at supermotojunkies.com . East Coast does not currently have a very good reputation for delivering the goods. General consensus is that he's not really a crook but that he's just overloaded so there's some very long delays in delivering the wheels. For an alternate look at http://www.motostrano-store.com . I've seen some good feedback for them and they have a few deals and packages.

Hmm, thank you BC, I appreciate the input. I know m friend is running a 130 on his stock XR650r rear rim, and I dont think his rim is much wider than mine. How would a 110 handle, is it way too small of a tire to use?

And thanks for the advice about East Coast, I just liked them because they seemed cheaper, but Ive also read good things on here about Motostrano, so if they have good service, I guess it is worth paying a little more.