Sign in to follow this  

FMF make me a gnarly pipe

After 5 H-S's on my 06 300 XC my pipe is starting to get a little dinged up , not bad just a couple small dents , I'd like to replaced it when the time comes with the gnarly , I haven't seen any for this model in any aftermarket catalogs yet , has anyone got any info if FMF will produce 1 for the 300 XC , I want it for strength , the stocker is as most of you XC riders know is pretty thin .

I have one on my bike now.... they make one now. I wish I could find the order I placed to get it..... just call FMF and tell them what bike you have and they will hook you up. :thumbsup:

Thanks Racinace , I haven't called FMF yet , I was inspecting the stock pipe yesterday after a H-S , I got an e-line guard on it but the stocker is pretty weak even with protection , glad they've finally come out , I've kept an eye out for 1 since I got the XC in May , how do you like its performance on your 300 ?

Definately call. I got mine in January.

Better bottom, slight improvement to the midrange, and I really haven't noticed a loss on top. No complaints. Fit and finish were beyond reproach.

:thumbsup:

Out in Jan. damm , must have flew under my radar , I'm gonna call & order 1 for backup duty , well maybe I'll mount it & use the stocker for backup , thanks for the info R :thumbsup:

I called FMF and no pipe , Rocky Mountain , nope , Chaparral , none , so I called my local KTM dealer ( 60 mi. away ) he didn't have 1 in stock so I asked him if he could get 1 from Parts Unlimited or Tucker Rocky & he then checked for me and come back saying :thumbsup: from P-U , I'll have it in my mits next week .

Negitive on the PC pipe , I went with the FMF Gnarly , the last 6 yrs I used 1 gnarly pipe on 2 YZ 250's and didn't destroy it , and thats 6 yrs of H-S's , not that I wouldn't get another PC , just that the gnarly was loyal to me

Agreed,

FMF makes a very solid pipe. Nice fit and will hold up a long time! But, the DOMA pipe will make that 300 run better. Lenthens out the power band, revs higher, pulls lower.

I've had them both and the FMF is a much more quality piece. The DOMA makes the bike run better.

Just my 2 cents.